Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Institut Auf Dem Rosenberg summer course
Age: 6-13 years old, 14-19 years old.
Dates: July 2–29, 2023.
Duration - from 2 to 6 weeks.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg, located in St. Gallen, was founded in 1889. It is one of the oldest international schools in Switzerland. In the summer, the school offers courses for children who want to spend their holidays actively and with benefit.
St.Gallen, the metropolis of Western Switzerland, has a perfect location in the pre-Alpine region, just 50 minutes from Zurich Airport by car (80 km on the highway), about an hour by train, and from Alterhein Airport only 20 minutes by car.
Pupils of the summer school will gain experience in teaching in an international environment. Each of them is trained by no more than 100 students, while here no more than 10% of children speak the same language.
- Safe living conditions, excellent climate and clean mountain air - ideal for a child’s summer vacation.
- Classes in small groups, a free time organization program selected in accordance with the age of the children and optimal pedagogical support are the fundamental principles of the courses.
- Pupils actively use a foreign language and outside school hours to communicate with peers.
- Of no less importance is the benefit of maintaining friendly contacts in the international environment, which is possible due to the international composition of the camp.
- You can study English, French or German. Each student is invited to focus on learning one language.
Option 1: language program
You can study English and German. The lesson program includes 25 language lessons per week lasting 40 minutes each. As well as self-study under the supervision of a teacher and regular practical classes in communication in a foreign language. Before the start of classes, a test is conducted, according to the results of which students are divided into groups corresponding to their level of language proficiency.
Grammar, vocabulary and assignments for working with texts are selected and taught by teachers in accordance with the age of the students. The teaching staff are all native speakers. At the end of the course, students receive a certificate.
Classes in small groups are held both in hotel rooms, booked for courses, and in classrooms.
Option 2: Thematic Courses
- Diplomacy and activism
- Fashion and design
- Modern Art
- Computer science and programming
- Performing Arts
- Robotics and engineering
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
Especially for summer courses, the school rents a hotel. Pupils are accommodated in fully equipped with all necessary rooms for two people. The rooms have a shower and toilet.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the hotel's rustic dining room. In fine weather, a barbecue is organized on the banks of the Obersee or the Isla River (a small river flowing in the depths of the picturesque mountain landscape of Arosa).
SPORT AND ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES
Under favourable weather conditions, students of the courses spend a lot of free time in the fresh mountain air. The program includes excursions, hiking in the surrounding area and sports such as swimming, football, volleyball, basketball, ice skating, as well as social events (football tournaments, theme nights, archery, home discos, etc.) The camp uses the infrastructures of both the village of Arosa and the city of Chur.
The following sports and cultural events and excursions are planned:
- Olympics and football championship
- Water bike riding
- Shopping in Kure, St. Gallen or Zurich depending on age
- Sports tournaments (tennis, table tennis, etc.)
- Rope course
- Visiting Untersee beach
- Making crafts
- And much more
The program may be changed depending on weather conditions. In addition to the daily cultural and sports program, you can also book tennis, horse riding, golf and figure water skiing if you wish.
SAMPLE SCHEDULE OF THE DAY
07.30 – Wake up
08.00 - Breakfast in the dining room
08.30 - 10.40 - 3 lessons
10.45 - 12.10 - 2 lessons - independent work under the supervision of a teacher, individual lessons or a speaking class
12.15 - Lunch in the dining room or lunch package (if the tour is conducted)
From 13.00 - Daytime program or tennis, golf, horse riding or water skiing
18.15 - Dinner in the dining room or barbecue, then the evening program
21.45 – Bed time
CHF 7,350 for 2 weeks for a standard program.
CHF 8,500 for 2 weeks for an extended program.
Included in the standard program
- Accommodation in a double room
- Sports and leisure activities
- Accident insurance
The extended program includes
Everything in the standard program plus
- Up to two lessons with a trainer per week: tennis, horse riding, golf or personal training
- Single room - CHF 250 per week
- Deposit - CHF 1,000
- Transfers from and to the airport (for the standard program)
- Services of our company
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COMPANIES
- We operate since 1996
- Choose camps with a minimum number of Russian speakers
- We place children only in camps which provides good accommodation
- Conducted a personal inspection of almost all the schools that we offer
- We do not work with the mass segment, only camps for discerning customers
- You can call us 24/7
- We inform you about the particularities of each course
- What customers appreciate us for
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).