Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Orwell Park School
Orwell Park is a boarding school, founded in 1868. Orwell Park School is located in Nacton, in Suffolk County. It covers an area of more than 44 hectares in a beautiful wooded area overlooking the estuary.
The main school is housed in a unique mansion with its own observatory and a clock tower. Orwell Park's classrooms and facilities are said to be some of the most beautiful in England.
The school curriculum is strong in traditional academic disciplines. Training is carried out using the most modern equipment and technologies. The school is preparing to enter the country's best high schools and pass the Common Entrance exam.
Orwell Park provides first-class parents advice on choosing a high school. Most students go to Benenden, Stowe and Ampleforth, as well as: Eton, King’s Canterbury, Felsted, Oakham, Rugby, Cheltenham Ladies’, Marlborough, Oundle, Gordonstoun, Ipswich, Millfield, Uppingham, Woodbridge and others.
The school has 300 students, 48 of them are full boarders.
DIRECTOR (stand 2022)
Adrian Brown, Education - University of Cambridge.
- The school is regularly audited by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) committee, most recently audited in 2014. According to the results of the audit, the school received almost all the marks: “excellent”.
- Each child has his own iPad.
- The school regularly conducts theatre trips.
- The school is strong in hockey and athletics. Has notable successes in skiing, high jump, sailing.
- Orwell Park has its own outdoor activities program - the Orwell Park School Challenge (OPS Challenge). It is intended for students 10-11 years old, conducted on similar principles with the program for the award of the Duke of Edinburgh. Students earn points by participating in classes and camps / excursions.
- All children have a class teacher who plays an important role in communication between home and school, as well as in caring for the child.
English is the medium through which everyone learns, learns and plays. The curriculum is consistent with the National Curriculum for Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing. School competitions are held every year for all students: in reading, poem and public speaking, allowing them to demonstrate their abilities.
Other subjects: geography, history, life skills, mathematics, physical education, religion, science, art, design and technology, theatre, music. Children begin to learn Latin at the age of 10, there is also the opportunity to learn classical Greek. Classics is an unrivalled medium for creating solid linguistic foundations.
In September 2016, the iPad launched a 1: 1 strategy in the school, in which each child in the school has his own iPad. To reflect this, the school has created a new curriculum. The Digital Skills curriculum consists of five elements. These are: Systems (networks and equipment), Literacy (basic computer skills), Citizenship (electronic security and security), Design (presentation and coding) and Thinking (procedures and problem solving).
All the children in the main school belong to their schoolhouse: Blue Boars, Green Dragons, Red Lions and Yellow Tigers. The home system at Orwell School provides additional opportunities for initiative, competition, responsibility and leadership.
The vast territory provides a lot of opportunities for children's games. Great equipment, floodlit artificial turf, golf courses, playgrounds, a swimming pool, squash courts and a gym.
The main sports are:
- Boys: rugby, hockey, cricket.
- Girls: hockey, netball, cricket.
Many other sporting events are held at different times during the school year: athletics, badminton, cross-country, competitions, football, golf, gymnastics, karate, sailing, skiing, squash, swimming and tennis.
On match days, the school puts up 25 teams.
Boys and girls at Orwell Park have a wide range of out-of-class activities in addition to an extensive sports program and a variety of cultural activities, including art, music, drama, etc. Activities are held every day for a semester; regular trips are also organized to theatres, museums and other interesting places. During school holidays, excursions and expeditions are organized.
Typical events during the semester include: aerobics, visual arts, ceramics, chess, a humorous club, debate, theatre, design and technology, football, gardening, golf, lacrosse, Chinese, mountain biking, lectures in the greenhouse, photography, sailing sports, sculpture, squash, swimming, textiles and others.
Typical weekend excursions include:
- Strawberry picking
- Pleasurewood Hills Theme Park
- Shopping at Bluewater Shopping Centre
- Visiting Colchester Waterpark
- Drive to Southwold
- Drive to Walton-on-the-Naze
- Morning Crazy Golf
- Ceramics and painting in nature
- Drive to Sutton on Barrow
- Braintree Shopping Centre
- Ride and walk in Pin Mill
- Departure and entertainment at Felixstowe
- Boating in Thorpeness
- Duxford Open Air Museum
- Laser quest
£8,669 - £11,369 (depending on age).
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
- Guardianship (as required by British law)
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (far from all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, they are cautious about them, trust only to a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
- Selection of guardians required by UK law.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc.
IMPRESSIONS OF A SCHOOL VISIT
Founder of ‘’Paradise’’
Hungry to learn - this can be translated as "hungry for study." It is these children who are expected in Orwell Park, a preparatory school near Ipswich, next to Colchester, the ancient capital of England.
The most elegant wrought-iron gates launch us into the English estate of the times of Jane Austen. Fire in the fireplace, carpet, sofas, huge baskets of firewood... as if we were on the set of a movie ... the carpet is slightly stained with soot, it creates a sense of authenticity: that’s how they lived, village English aristocrats.
A young teacher flashes past, winking at me. I catch myself thinking that I unconsciously arrange visits to schools for kids in order to catch a buzz: here everyone is SO kind and cordial! I am covered with droplets of kindness, like grass with dew. It’s all around you. It sounds sweet, but what can you do if true?! I always go out of preparation on the wings. Rather, I'm flying out.
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).