Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
The school was founded in 1604 by Peter Blundell, and received a name in honour of its founder. Blundell's School is located on the outskirts of the small town of Tiverton in County Devon. Not far from the school are the national parks of Dartmoor and Exmoor.
Due to the abundance of greenery and environmental friendliness of the area, Blundell's School has created a healthy atmosphere for full study and relaxation. At the same time, the school has a convenient location relative to airports. You can drive to the local airport in 20 minutes, and London Heathrow in 2.5 hours.
The school's motto, “There are two gifts we can give our children, the first is roots and the second is wings”, emphasizes two core values that Blundell's School gives its students: wings and roots.
Roots are the development of character and a sense of social responsibility. Wings are independence, initiative, the pursuit of excellence and self-confidence. The goal of the school is to maximize the potential of children, to teach them to tolerate people with different abilities, to help develop self-discipline. Here they believe in honesty, nobility and mutual respect, in the enthusiasm and joy of the process of learning, in achieving their goals.
DIRECTOR (stand 2021)
Bart Wielenga, Education - University of Natal (South Africa).
FAMOUS SCHOOL GRADUATES
- Archibald Hill, physiologist, winner of the Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine (1922)
- Cyril Wilkinson, hockey player, gold medallist at the Olympics (1920)
- Robert Arandeo, Diplomat, Governor of the Island of Barbados
- Peter Schiffloff, cellist and co-founder of Amadeus Quartet
- Vermon Barlett, journalist and politician
- William Buckland, geologist
- Ben Collins, Formula 1 racer
- John Davis, athlete (cricket)
- Edward Dimen, author of hymns
- John Ebdon, writer
- Tristan Evans, drummer and backing vocalist for The Vamps
- Charles Rossister Forwood, lawyer and Attorney General Fr. Fiji
- Michael Gilbert, writer
- Hugh Morris, athlete (cricket)
- Gordon Newton, editor of the Financial Times
- Richard Sharp, athlete, captain of the English rugby team
- Frederick Temple, Archbishop of Canterbury
- High exam results.
- Students enter the most prestigious universities.
- Small classes - up to 12 people.
- The Independent School Inspectorate (ISI) praised the school, recognizing the high quality of staff and the active desire of students to do their learning.
The school's sports equipment: a heated pool, all-weather cricket fields, a gym, 8 soccer fields, hockey and rugby fields, squash courts, tennis courts (30 courts in summer). The school has excellent equipment for practicing music: 12 classes for practical exercises, 6 pianos, including Steinway, 3 hand organs in the chapel, Apple Mac audio equipment, and recording studio.
A two-year program for obtaining a certificate of general secondary education. Required to study 6 subjects, 4 subjects are studied by choice.
A two-year university preparatory program. Students choose 4 or 5 subjects for in-depth study.
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
Living in a residence on the school grounds, in one of 7 houses. Each house has a common lounge, a games room and a small kitchen. All houses are under the supervision of mentors who have excellent knowledge and understanding of the children in their care. Houses create an atmosphere of community and involvement of children in a common cause. Debates and music contests, plays and Christmas entertainments held in homes foster friendship between children throughout the school year.
Sport is an integral part of school life. Blundell's has an excellent reputation for its sporting achievements and special sporting spirit. This is noted by students of other schools who come here to numerous sports.
The school has excellent equipment and first-class coaches, many of whom played at the highest level in the sport they teach. Sport allows students to develop character, self-control, leadership and sportsmanship through games and participation in competitive matches. Pupils will be able to enjoy their classes and will find the sport that will become their basis for a healthy lifestyle.
The main sports at the school: athletics, cricket, football, hockey, netball, rugby, swimming, tennis. You can also engage in badminton, basketball, canoeing, fencing, golf, gymnastics, horse riding.
The art department of the school allows students to develop their creative talents. Children develop practical skills in drawing, painting, printing, sculpture, photography and mixed media. Experiment with ideas and materials in a creative inspirational setting.
The theatre department of the school is invited to all students for drama. You can be trained as a screenwriter, director, designer, technician, and, of course, an actor. The school has a special creation system for teaching talented children. You can study in the following areas: acting, directing, lighting design, creating sound effects, costume design. Training is carried out both within the curriculum and in extra time. Children have a unique opportunity to practice in theatres in Exeter or Taunton.
The success of this approach is obvious: in recent years, school students have been selected to participate in the national student theatre festival in Scarborough and have been awarded scholarships from theatre schools.
At Blundell's there are many opportunities for music lessons and music performance. There are two orchestras, a string orchestra, string groups and quartets, wind ensembles and chamber music. There is an opportunity for students to organize their own group and participate in the annual House Music contest, which is always of an exceptionally high standard.
More than half of students learn to play a musical instrument. Classes are taught by highly qualified teachers, many are concert performers, members of orchestras and outstanding teachers. School teachers include those who also teach for the National Children's Orchestra and have performed in some of Europe’s most prestigious venues, including Albert Hall, Carnegie Hall and Covent Garden.
£8,885 - £12,995 per semester.
There are 3 semesters in the school year.
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Registration fee - £100
- Admission Fee - £1,000
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
- Guardianship (as required by British law)
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (far from all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, they are cautious, trust only a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
- Selection of guardians required by UK law.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc. etc.
IMPRESSION OF STAFF OF THE PARADISE COMPANY ON VISITING THE SCHOOL
Founder of ‘’Paradise’’
I wander around Blundell’s in Devon, the sea is not audible, but its powerful salty body is not far away. The sea breeze with salt, penetrates iodine into the bodies of children. I was also lucky: I inhale fresh, mineral rich air in the lush green Devonshire countryside - the south-west of England.
The British are airing freaks and approve of drafts. Therefore, they do not have seasonal SARS and children rarely get sick when they first go to kindergarten. All of England is not mobilizing to fight spring flu; and it’s not customary to carry medicine with bags.
“SICKNESS IS NOT ACCEPTED, it is not in the mentality,” one old gentleman told me. Magic paracetamol helps against all diseases. Young children are taught to walk barefoot on an icy stone floor, and knee-high socks are the normal form of clothing until late autumn. Usually, Russians who arrived in London for the first time fall into a state of shock from the sight of half-naked children. Here are healthy, seasoned sons and daughters.
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).