Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
ISSOS (at universities)
Summer school based on the most famous universities in the world.
Age: 13-18 years old.
In St. Andrews: June 30–July 21, July 24–August 14.
In Cambridge: 10–31 July.
ISSOS School is a great and safe place where young people learn and grow in an inspiring environment. The summer school offers a balanced program of training and recreational activities that considers a variety of interests.
Children will spend their holidays in an international environment, make friends from all over the world, and gain knowledge and skills that will be useful in further studies. Children from 60 countries of the world study here.
Summer courses take place at one of three university campuses:
- in the UK: at the University of Cambridge and the University of St. Andrews
- in the USA: at Yale University.
For children, this is an opportunity to visit the most famous universities in the UK and the USA, to imbue their creative spirit and to see many historical sites with their own eyes.
- 45% of students come to school from year to year - this is the best indicator of the quality of education.
- A quota of 10% for each nationality. Language practice is maximum.
- Classes are taught by professional teachers who are qualified to teach English as a foreign language. Teachers are full of energy and enthusiasm and inspire young people to improve.
- The ratio of teachers and students: 1: 5. Small classes allow you to pay maximum attention to each student and make learning almost individual.
- Very beautiful and safe location.
- Students from 70 countries of the world study at the school.
- Great pastoral care
- Courses provide an advantage when applying to universities.
The University of St Andrews is one of the oldest Scottish universities. Located in the centre of the city of the same name on the north-east coast of Great Britain. The city is famous for its ancient royal golf club. The university was founded in 1412 and is the third oldest university in the English-speaking world. It is a picturesque and historical place.
In Cambridge, students’ study at Queens' College, one of Cambridge's oldest and most beautiful university colleges, on a secure, isolated campus. The college was founded in 1448. It is located in close proximity to the historic and cultural attractions of Cambridge. Students will receive an unforgettable experience of staying and studying here.
Academic classes run from 9:00 to 12:00 from Monday to Saturday.
Learning English at ISSOS is not learning words and phrases. This is a study of new ideas, cultures and the development of communication skills. Learning is completely immersed in an English-speaking environment.
The course program includes lessons aimed at developing the basic language skills: speaking, reading, writing and listening. Pupils will be able to improve their understanding of spoken language, learn to use English grammar and vocabulary.
Students with a high level of spoken English can attend an advanced course that focuses on improving written English. The program includes writing essays using arguments and learning different writing styles.
Pupils will plunge into the exciting world of scientific debate. The training is conducted using professional coaching methods and interactive seminars. This gives participants confidence and self-expression.
Classes are taught by professional trainers in the art of public speaking. The course program covers all aspects of the discussion: from debate theory to preparing arguments and speaking skills to an audience.
During the course, students:
- Gain confidence in order to communicate effectively
- Learn discussion techniques from leading trainers
- Will take an active part in debates, discussing current issues.
- Gain valuable skills, including critical thinking and reasoned reasoning.
Young Leaders (Age: 15+, St Andrews Program)
An exciting series of interactive workshops is specially designed to enable each student to reveal their unique abilities, to master strategies for success in the school and beyond.
The program develops leadership skills, increases self-confidence and self-confidence, and gives motivation for further training and improvement.
The course program includes topics such as:
- Self-expression and communication
- Team building and organizational skills
- Goal setting and personal motivation
- Social responsibility
- Personal leadership skills
The goal of the course is to help students remove school stress while showing them ways to achieve positive changes: self-expression, the ability to achieve goals, solve problems and conflicts.
Business and Entrepreneurship (Cambridge Program)
The course immerses you in the world of business. The program aims to prepare students for the future and gives them the skills, confidence and motivation to succeed in life outside the school. Within three weeks, interactive seminars and workshops will be held, where students will learn what makes the most successful businesses in the world work.
In small groups, students come up with ideas for their business or product, and then present these ideas to the class. The program includes training in market research and product promotion. Pupils explore the internal workings of a successful company: how the business works and how to build a successful team, and also learn what leadership qualities an effective leader needs.
The curriculum includes:
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Team building
- Goal setting
- Time management
- Product and business marketing
Study Skills at ISSOS has been developed to meet the needs of students who faced unprecedented academic challenges in 2020. It teaches advanced level skills that will give students the vital tools they need for success in high school and in transitioning to university.
Students will learn a variety of tactics that will help them use their time more effectively, which covers everything from goal setting, critical thinking and time management, to developing study plans, research skills and essay structuring. We will also give students the tools they need to deliver effective presentations as well as developing confidence for public speaking.
We also work with students to manage exam and academic stress and teach them coping techniques for dealing with the increased workload that they may be facing at this stage of their high school career. The tutorial-style classes are interactive and students will be given time to actively practise and develop all of the skills they are taught on a daily basis.
- Significantly improve your written English
- Focus on English for academic purposes and learn how to apply it in school and university
- Improve confidence when using both written and spoken English
- Learn about essay writing research techniques, structure and development
- Explore a range of writing styles
- Work on grammar and interpretation skills
- Develop confidence in presentation skills and public speaking
- 45 hours of tuition (3 hours a day, 5 days a week)
- Pair this class with one of our exciting elective options
Writing an essay about the IB program (St. Andrews program)
The program is for students who study in the IB program and are currently working on essay writing. The course includes interactive seminars and in-depth studies. The training program involves an individual approach to each student.
The course program includes:
- Writing an essay (including research methods, exposition and structuring of arguments, editing and formatting)
- Oral presentations and public speaking
- Independent research
- Time management
Creative writing (St. Andrews program)
A course for students who want to learn how to write strong texts. Students will be able to use the power of artistic language, create their own stories, poems and scripts for theatre and cinema.
Introductory and specialized seminars cover all stages of creating a text: generating ideas, writing a draft, editing.
The course program includes:
- Creative projects: essays, stories and poems
- Study of the works of famous English writers
- Development of your own style
- Using the world as a source of ideas and inspiration
- Creating a school magazine - the opportunity to see your work in print
Journalism (Cambridge Program)
The course develops research skills and the ability to write articles for the press. In the process, contemporary social, political and ethical issues are discussed. Pupils will return home with fundamental journalistic skills and values, will be able to write and edit texts.
After completing the course, students will be able to:
- Write essays and structure arguments
- Compose a report, research, conduct an interview, write an article and review
- Edit and design pages for publication
- Use the power of language to communicate effectively and inspire others
University of St. Andrews Campus:
Residence in single and double rooms with bath. The residence has common lounges with table tennis, games and a TV, as well as a small kitchen. The houses are surrounded by a beautiful garden.
Cambridge University Campus:
Accommodation in a residence of single and double rooms. Each room has a bathroom, telephone, tea and coffee making facilities - everything you need for a comfortable stay.
During the three weeks of the summer school, students will participate in active outdoor activities:
- Beach kiting
- River swimming
From 13:00 to 14:00 from Monday to Saturday, elective classes are held, which are a great addition to academic studies and make the summer holidays truly rich and interesting.
A course for students of all levels: from beginner to advanced. Classes are taught by professional trainers who can instil in children a love of tennis. The training program includes the development of basic game skills, technical and tactical techniques. Matches between students are constantly held, and at the end of training a large tennis tournament will be held.
Golf (St Andrews Course)
A unique program for beginners and high-level players. The program takes place in small groups under the guidance of highly qualified trainers. First-class golf equipment and a magnificent golf course will allow students to feel like real professional players - and this is the best motivation for learning.
Cinema (course in St. Andrews)
Immerse yourself in the fascinating world of making movies. The course consists of interactive seminars, technical workshops and practical classes. The program includes writing a script, directing, producing, editing, cinematography, and choosing a location for shooting. Students will work with a professional Sony HD movie camera and learn how to edit films in Final Cut Pro. During the course, students in small groups will create their own film.
Leadership (Cambridge Course)
A program of exciting outdoor activities that builds self-confidence and develops leadership skills. The course includes a variety of activities: from sailing and climbing to rafting and team games. Each lesson develops communication skills, teaches you how to make decisions, and helps you learn how to be part of a team. All classes are conducted under the guidance of professional trainers.
Program for children keen on theatre. The course includes master classes and seminars in which students will work under the guidance of a professional director and will take part in a real theatrical production.
Art (course in St. Andrews)
The program will help develop the creative potential of students, regardless of initial abilities. Various techniques are being studied: drawing, oil painting, photography, illustration and much more. In the learning process, children will create their own creative project in their favourite format: from self-portrait to album design.
The course program includes trips to the galleries of Glasgow and Edinburgh - this will help to get an inspiration for creativity. The works of students will be shown at the school exhibition as part of a creative evening.
Photography (Cambridge Course)
A program for those wishing to improve photographic skills. Landscape and portrait photography, wildlife photography, and reportage photography are being studied. Students will take and edit photos and learn how to do work of the highest level. Photos of students will be published in the school newspaper.
In the evenings there is an entertainment program for all students. Children can socialize with each other in an informal setting, have fun, show their talents and try new exciting activities.
The program includes:
- Debate with invited guests
- Scottish dances
- Fashion shows
- Creative evenings
- Sports: bouncers, frisbee, mini-Olympics, urban orienteering
- much more
On Wednesdays, afternoons and weekends, exciting excursions take place around the area.
To St. Andrews: Visit Glamis Castle, Scottish Deer Centre and Scone Palace.
In Cambridge: a visit to Windsor Castle, Oxford University, the Cathedral, the Imperial War Museum.
£6,900 for 3 weeks.
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Additional classes
- Transfers from and to the airport
- Services of our company
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COMPANIES
- We operate since 1996
- Choose camps with a minimum number of Russian speakers
- We place children only in camps which provides good accommodation
- Conducted a personal inspection of almost all the schools that we offer
- We do not work with the mass segment, only camps for discerning customers
- You can call us 24/7
- We inform you about the particularities of each course
- What customers appreciate us for
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).