Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Hawai'i Preparatory Academy
Age: 11 - 18 years old.
Session 1: June 15 – July 2.
Session 2: July 6-23.
Hawai'i Preparatory Academy is located in the picturesque town of Waimaa, Hawaii. The campus occupies a vast territory of 89 hectares. The location of the Hawai'i Preparatory Academy makes it one of a kind. The Hawaiian Islands are famous for their picturesque nature and cultural diversity, which allows each student to feel the true spirit of Hawaii.
Summer 4-week program offers to spend an unforgettable vacation on a magical island, combine learning English with entertainment and active sports.
- Stunning views, excellent ecology and a rich natural world are the main characteristics of the island of Hawaii.
- The ratio of mentors and students is 1: 8. Maximum attention to everyone.
- The school has gorgeous sports equipment that allows you to practice almost any sport.
- Learning English is strictly in groups according to the level of knowledge of the language.
- Small classes - maximum 10 students in each class.
- Intensive program for motivated students, focused on results.
- American students predominate in the summer camp, which provides great opportunities for foreign language practice.
- For children who speak English at the advanced level, there is the opportunity to take courses on various topics.
- A wide range of additional classes: from photo courses to training in successful passing tests.
- Many interesting sporting events for students to choose from.
22 classrooms, a lecture hall, music and rehearsal studios, research laboratories and an engineering centre. Three computer labs with powerful and modern Macintosh and Windows computers, WI-FI is available at the residence. The school has an energy research centre, an arts centre for 360 people with a large stage and dance floor, a huge library, a music centre, and a leisure centre.
The school’s sports opportunities are amazing: an indoor gym with volleyball, basketball, dance and wrestling halls, a gym, a large outdoor heated pool, tennis courts, stadiums for athletics and cross-country sports, playing fields for football, softball, baseball, polo field, riding arena, as well as its own boat centre with kayaks and canoes.
Pupils study on the program "English as a foreign language." Before the start of classes, all students pass a test to determine the level of knowledge of the language. According to the test results, they are divided into groups: beginners, intermediate and advanced.
Classes are held in the morning and are divided into two blocks of two hours each. The first block, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., focuses on reading, developing writing skills, and replenishing vocabulary. The second block - from 10 am to noon - focuses on listening to English and the ability to express one’s thoughts verbally. Pupils will begin to confidently speak English and learn the correct pronunciation.
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
Accommodation on campus in double and triple rooms. All rooms have a bed, bath, wardrobe, desk. WIFI is available on campus. In each residence there is a room for communication and games, there are board games, TV and DVD, there is a laundry. The territory of the school is under round-the-clock protection.
Pupils eat in the school cafeteria. Dishes are prepared in accordance with the rules of a healthy diet. There is a large selection of vegetarian dishes.
Sport is the centre of the summer program. Everyone takes part in sporting events that start in the afternoon, after class, from 15:30 to 17:00. The children also take an active part in the Summer Olympic Games, which take place in the last week of the summer program.
Students can choose from the following sports: baseball, basketball, cross-country sports, dancing, soccer, golf, polo, American football, softball, swimming, athletics, volleyball, water polo, wrestling and much more.
In addition to the main sports, students can additionally engage in horse riding and tennis:
- Horseback riding. We study the correct fit, riding techniques, horse care. Cost - $ 600.
- Tennis. Classes are available for beginners and continuing students. Learning game techniques, honing skills. The main goal is to get joy and pleasure from the game! Cost - $ 450.
After lunch, students are offered a choice of additional classes that will help strengthen their knowledge of the language and at the same time learn a new interesting area of activity.
We photograph the island. Learning the basics of photography and the technical features of pictures. Students will be able to take beautiful photographs of the breath-taking landscapes of the island and learn how to create photo projects.
Design. Create custom Hawaiian-style prints. Pupils perform creative exercises, learn visual communication, and create sketches. The work will be exhibited in the art centre of the school as part of the final exhibition.
Food and culture. Hawaii unites many cultures, and students will go on an exciting journey to different corners of the earth. They will learn music, language, art and food. Each week, a new theme and a new culture is studied: Japan, Italy, Mexico and Hawaii.
Preparing for the test. Program for high school students. We study techniques and strategies for successfully passing ACT and SAT tests. How to recognize the logic of questions and avoid common mistakes. Classes are taught by specially trained instructors.
The game on stage. Students will have the opportunity to gain confidence and mastery of the game on stage through theatre, dance and music. A significant part of the lessons is devoted to the study of various acting techniques, acting and improvisation. Students will polish their individual talents and perform at the final show at the end of the course.
Robotics. Pupils will build electronic circuits, control these circuits using code, and then build a mobile robot. Pupils will learn to think like scientists and solve scientific problems.
Weekends include guided tours of Hawaii's scenic spots:
- Luau Feast and Fire Dance
- Hiking in the Hawaiian National Park
- Horseback riding
- Starfall on Mount Mauna Kea
- Swimming with dolphins
- Activities on Kohala Beach and much more
8:00 - 12:00 - English classes
12:00 - Lunch
13:00 - Additional classes
15:30 - Sports
17:45 - Dinner
19:30 - Evening activities
20:30 - Rest
22:30 – End of day
$4,800 for 3 weeks.
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- All sports, recreational activities and excursions
- Transfers from and to the airport
- Educational company services
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COMPANIES
- We operate since 1996
- Choose camps with a minimum number of Russian speakers
- We place children only in camps which provides good accommodation
- Conducted a personal inspection of almost all the schools that we offer
- We do not work with the mass segment, only camps for discerning customers
- You can call us 24/7
- We inform you about the particularities of each course
- What customers appreciate us for
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).