Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz
Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz School was founded in 1904 in the town of Zuoz as a school for boys, in which at that time there were only 22 students. Zuoz is a charming alpine village, lost among the majestic mountains of the Upper Engadine and known as the resting place of the royal courts. Since its foundation in the 12th century, it has perfectly preserved the appearance of the medieval capital.
Now the school covers an area of about 130,000 sqm and is a private boarding school for co-education of boys and girls. Representatives of 30 nationalities are studying at the school, including from Russia.
From the very first day of its existence, the school was focused on the harmonious intellectual and spiritual development of the individual - on the development of the body, spirit and soul. The school's motto is: “To grow means to have roots and at the same time reach for the sky.” Much attention is paid to discipline and good manners of students.
DIRECTOR (stand 2022)
Beat Sommer, studied English and French languages and literature at University of Zurich.
Famous school graduates
- Thomas Gold, astrophysicist, professor of astronomy at Cornell University, member of the Royal Society of London
- Ferdinand Peach - Volkswagen CEO
- Manuelo Pesco - World Snowboard World Champion
- Ulrich Corner - Head of Credit Suisse
- Ernst Von Glaserfeld - a famous philosopher
- Karlheitz Bolm - actor
- Jens Adler - famous German footballer
- Philip Bodmer - famous BBC journalist
- Friedrich Von Bohlen - Managing Director of Dievini Hopp Biotech Holding
- Hubert Fugger - Prince of Bavaria
- Benedict Hentch - a major banker, financier, owner of the bank
- Paul Herling - a famous scientist, pharmacologist, head of the Institute for the Study of Tropical Diseases Novartis
- John Lay - Founder of Job John Lay Electronics
- Andy Reinhard - musician, jazzman
- Christopher Ginger - President and Founder, Christoph Ringier Consulting
- James Schwarzenbach - politician of Switzerland
- Swell Axel Springer - Founder of Axel Springer Publishing Company
- Heinrich Torback - historian writer
- Frank Ludwig - German pianist and composer.
- Zuoz is a very demanding school with very strict discipline and intense study.
- This school is so beautiful with its academic and sports performance that it is simply impossible to give up on it.
- The combination of spacious rooms and huge windows that offer breath-taking views of the Alps and the clouds below, as well as the warm atmosphere of the partnership, makes staying here a true joy for students.
- The doctor and nurses are present at the school all the time. St. Moritz medical facilities are considered one of the best in Switzerland.
- Among other things, this school is proud of its level of teaching the Chinese language.
- Schooling is conducted in the Swiss, German, international (Anglo-American) and commercial departments.
- Teachers are native speakers.
- We visited this school and are familiar with the principal.
- We can provide the phones of parents whose children study or studied at this school.
The school includes an impressive sized educational building, similar to a castle, 5-bedroom buildings, a sports complex, a stadium and a number of auxiliary buildings, 2 dining rooms and a cafeteria, and much more. The school has 50 teachers and 50 employees of other services.
The school has all the conditions for effective study: 40 modern equipped classrooms, an assembly hall with a technically equipped stage, a library, information and computer centres, music classes, classes for painting and applied art, a stationery and essential goods store.
The Swiss department prepares students for the Swiss Matura program for admission to Swiss universities, including the Faculty of Economics and Law, St. Gallen University. A state-recognized diploma is issued, exams for which are held at the school. The diploma gives the right to admission to universities in Switzerland without entrance exams.
International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma is an international baccalaureate, one of the most complex modern programs, which makes it possible to enter the best universities in Europe. In 2008, 6 students went to Cambridge or Oxford, and some went to St. Petersburg School of Economics. Gallen, the best in Switzerland, and at the London School of Economics.
Pre-IB Diploma Programme
Pre-IB Diploma Programme – Grades 7 and 8. These classes are suitable for students aiming to enter the IB Diploma Programme, who already have some knowledge of English, or who have grown up in an international environment. All classes are taught in English. The Foundation Year is for students in school years 7 and 8 with only an elementary knowledge of English. In this course students focus on learning the English they need to participate fully in the mainstream classes. Year 8 students can also progress to year 9 EAL (English as an
Additional Language) programme.
Established more than 30 years ago, the Cambridge iGCSE is the world’s most popular international qualification for 14 to 16 year olds. Not only is it truly international - it will give students at the Lyceum Alpinum a flexible and stimulating curriculum, supported with excellent resources and training for teachers. The Cambridge iGCSE is the perfect springboard to
advanced study at IB Diploma and CP level.
All students live in spacious single, double and rarely triple rooms.
Residences for girls
Chesa Arpiglia. The residence has several shared rooms, a video room, a music room, spacious terraces and 38 single rooms. Each room has a bathtub, telephone and internet access.
The Madchenhaus residence is designed for 43 people (19 rooms for one and 12 rooms for two people). Girls from 11 to 18 years old live here, a homely and warm atmosphere is created.
Residences for boys
The Grosshaus residence is designed for 70 people, which are located in 68 rooms for one person and in one room for two. Each room has hot and cold water, telephone and Internet access, shower and toilet. There is also a video room, outdoor terraces and a kitchen. The windows face the south side, so the sun shines all day here.
Kleinhaus is a residence for younger boys. Everything is permeated with an atmosphere of trust and respect. Each little student is surrounded by care, which makes it easier to adapt to a new environment. Number of students in the group: 16 people.
During training, the school offers a varied program of activities and there are conditions for practicing almost all summer and winter sports (football, tennis, hockey, cricket, golf, figure skating, snowboarding, skiing, etc.). Classes are led by qualified trainers and supervised by medical staff. Twice a week, all afternoon is devoted to physical education. St. Moritz is Switzerland's most famous ski resort, and the nearest ski lift from the school is just 200 meters away. Of course, this school is for those who love sports.
Every winter, a cricket match is held especially for students on the ice of the lake in St. Moritz. This is a great event of the season.
Pupils of the school enter the best universities in the world
American University, DC
Bard College, NY
Boston University, MA
California College of the Arts
Chapman University, CA
Eckerd College, FL
Elon University, NC
Emerson College, MA
Emory at Oxford, GA
Fairfield University, CT
High Point University, NC
Marymount College, CA
Massachusetts College of Art & Design, MA
New York university
Northeastern University, MA
Parsons, The New School, NY
Pennsylvania State University
Pratt Institute, NY
St. Lawrence University, NY
St. Michael’s College, VT
School of the Art Institute of Chicago, IL
Skidmore College, NY
Stonehill College, MA
Union College, NY
University of Alabama
University of California - San Diego
University of Indiana
University of Miami, FL
University of southern California
Vanderbilt University, TN
Wheaton College, MA
Birmingham city university
City university London
European business school
Oxford Brookes university
Queen Mary, London
St. Andrew’s University
University of bath
University of Brighton
University of Bristol
University of Edinburgh
University of Exeter
University of Kent
University of Manchester
University of Oxford (pending)
University of Richmond
University of the West of England
University of Sussex
University of Warwick
University of Westminster
Danube Private University
Istituto Mauá de Technologia
University of British Columbia
American university of Paris
Hochschule der populären Künste, Berlin
WBB Bocconi / USC / U Hong Kong
Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne
Cost for boys:
CHF 79,500 per year - double room
CHF 89,000 - 92,000 per year - single room
(cost depends on age)
Cost for girls:
CHF 82,500 - 85,500 per year - double room
CHF 92,000 - 95,000 per year - single room
(cost depends on age)
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Care in case of a short illness
- Sports games and use of sports equipment
- Curation in the process of independent studies and training sessions
The school has a laundry, its services are paid extra, however, students can wash themselves using washing machines.
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
ATTENTION! You pay the bills issued by the school directly to the school!
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE:
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (not all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, treat them with caution, trust only a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).