Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Champittet College is located in Puli and Nyon, on the outskirts of Lausanne.
The college was created by Dominican monks in 1903 as a Catholic school for boys. Since 1984, girls began to be accepted into the school. Now it is a private international educational institution, a cosy family school, where about 800 boys and girls from 4 to 18 years of various nationalities, cultures and religious beliefs study. There are also priests in the faculty.
The main principle of the school is fidelity to the spirit of the gospel. Here, students are always ready to help and guide in the right direction. This does not mean that students of other faiths or atheists are required to follow Catholic teachings. However, a school of this kind pays special attention to moral standards and seeks to instil them in its students, educating them in relative severity.
Given the very small number of places in the hostel, it is recommended to apply for school at least 1 year before the start of studies.
DIRECTOR (stand 2021)
Philippe de Korodi, education - graduate of Collège Champittet; Lausanne University, Faculty of Law.
Famous school graduates
- Michael Verbug, real estate partner
- Hugo Sykes, professor of engineering at Oxford University
- Cindy Groh, architect
- The school is part of the association of prestigious international schools Nord Anglia Education, which unites 42 schools around the world.
- Champittet College is trying to instil in its students the attitude to school as one big family, the desire for continuous learning and self-education, as well as to develop in children an open, clear view of the future, the ability to make far-reaching plans.
- The school has a uniform. This is a conservative school that respects the best traditions in education.
- College directors and teachers are convinced that students need to know:
cultural treasures of the past - to know their origins, their roots;
Features of the modern world, new forms of cultural expression - to be able to live in the present.
- Such an education should prepare young people to give answers to their questions at different stages of their existence, to highlight the most important, corresponding to the principles of the gospel, in modern culture and customs.
- Champittet College is a Catholic school designed to help its students regardless of their religion.
- “The constant pursuit of excellence is at the core of everything we do,” they say at school. This applies to the support of students and the proposed teaching methods, guidelines and, of course, teachers, whose professional development is given great attention.
- All students are tested for alcohol after each exit to the city, drug testing is carried out 2-3 times a month: some children are awakened in the middle of the night and subjected to a test. “This is cruel,” says the school principal, “but this is the only way we can ensure safety.”
- If you drink alcohol twice during the same academic year, the student will be expelled from school. If the drug test is positive, the student will be expelled from school immediately and sent home within 48 hours.
- Each year, this cultural spirit allows most students to show brilliant exam results.
- This school may seem a little tougher in terms of discipline than other Swiss schools.
- Mandatory drug tests.
The school occupies 40,000 sqm a magical forest in the immediate vicinity of Lake Geneva and the centre of Lausanne (only 45 minutes from Geneva Airport). The school residence offers excellent conditions for both the development of intelligence and the acquisition of excellent physical shape, strengthening the nervous system and developing spirituality.
The school is well equipped for academic and sports activities - classrooms, gyms, educational literature, computers. The school has a rich library equipped with computers, with a huge collection of books, magazines and newspapers in different languages. Classrooms are spacious, vibrant and well-equipped for learning. In 2012, the concept of "e-learning" was launched and now in each classroom there is an iPad for group work, as well as laptops for projects and online learning. The school has an outdoor playground, a soccer field, tennis courts, a basketball court and a jogging track.
During middle and high school, students start to make important choices about their future. Our Swiss private school supports them every step of the way as they solidify the skills and knowledge they'll need to achieve their goals.
At Collège Champittet Pully, secondary school encompasses grades 9 to 14 (ages 12 to 18).
Secondary School: An Overview
Private secondary school is divided into two parts:
- Grades 9 and 10 – in a standard bilingual French-English class or in a pre-IB (international programme in English)
- Grades 11 to 14 – focused on diploma preparation
Approach to teaching enables students both to learn, and to understand how they learn. It helps them develop into inquisitive and highly skilled lifelong learners. They develop the teamwork and leadership skills they'll need to succeed in all their future endeavours.
French-English bilingual programme is also available in secondary school. There are also two levels of German language teaching: standard and advanced.
Secondary School Curriculum
These two middle school years prepare students for the diploma path that they will take from grade 11.
During grade 10, students will make a choice about which of the three challenging diploma programmes they wish to follow in high school:
- The Swiss Maturité
- The French Baccalaureate
- The International Baccalaureate
Whichever of these programmes students decide to follow, private high school experience is designed to prepare them to apply to some of the best universities in Switzerland and worldwide.
From Grade 9 your child will also receive career counselling and guidance. This provides them with the support they need to prepare for university and the world of work.
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
The beautiful old building has comfortable bedrooms with modern furniture, where students can relax and feel at home. On each floor there is a living room where you can gather in company, watch a movie, play games, have a bite to eat or just relax on the comfortable sofas. Students also have a canteen, classes and a library at their disposal. Some rooms have amenities and some do not, but they are located very close to the floor and meet the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. The rooms are locked, they also have personal safes for storing students' valuables. Laptops are not allowed to be stored in the room; they must be hidden in safes located in the rest room until the end of the day.
School chefs are tireless in their quest to improve the quality of dishes offered to children. The school canteen deserved to be awarded a special sign - the Green Label, which means that the school menu meets the highest standards of proper and healthy nutrition developed by the World Health Organization.
SPORT AND ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES
A wide range of sports activities are available for children on the school grounds - football, basketball, tennis, volleyball and others, as well as cultural events that begin in the afternoon at 3:45.
Lausanne is an amazing city with many interesting places - museums, theatres, cafes, restaurants and shops that students can visit.
CHF 91,100 - 96,000 per year (depending on class).
- Registration fee - CHF 2,500
- Deposit - CHF 10,000
- Individual sessions
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE:
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (not all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, treat them with caution, trust only a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc.
IMPRESSIONS OF A SCHOOL VISIT
Good living conditions in the residence. Outside, the school building looks just fabulously beautiful!
The school has two sections - international for teaching in English and French. French is required to study even in the English program. I talked with two girls, one of whom was from Russia, the second from Kazakhstan. Very pleasant, very well-mannered, restrained. They said that they really like to study: they are both on the English program. They said that they are very good and kind teachers, that they always strive to explain the material, so that not a single incompletely learned aspect remains.
Very little free time: the children are constantly busy, every minute is painted, which is extremely appreciated by parents. Music, sports, activism - up to 16 years old are required 3 hours a week. When the children are older than 16 years, you can leave 2 hours instead of three.
We were invited to an economics lesson. In the first year of the IB program, children covered the topic of international trade and financial rates: the guys themselves raised their hands, answered very calmly, clearly, giving the impression of complete confidence in the material. The teacher praised the guys, flashed notes of pride in them in her eyes.
The members of our international group were somewhat surprised at the relative simplicity of the interior (by Swiss standards) and asked me in surprise, were our customers really happy with the school? Here I can express my understanding - this is a school for those customers who care about the internal component, and not the external gloss.
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).