Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
St. George's International School Cologne
St. George’s International School is an international boarding school in Germany, where tuition is fully taught in English. The school was founded in 1985 and is located in the city of Cologne.
Cologne is a developed metropolis, economic, cultural, media centre of the country. In terms of population, the city is in 4th place, and in area - in 3rd place in Germany. It stands on the coast of a cosy bay on the Rhine. On three sides, Cologne is surrounded by mountain ranges and elevations, from the west the Ville National Park approaches the city.
The school is located 15 minutes by car from the centre of Cologne and is away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
The school has about 800 students.
DIRECTOR (stand 2022)
Russell Sanderson, Education - University of Oxford, Master of Education, Bachelor of Arts.
- The goal of the school is to prepare students for further studies at the university. The school has a Career Centre, where students can get advice and make a deliberate and balanced decision about their future profession.
- Each student has their own mentor, with whom academic successes and goals for the future are discussed.
- Students can additionally study German as a foreign language.
- Extracurricular excursions will introduce students to the sights of Cologne and the surrounding area.
- Representatives of 40 nationalities study at the school. Such a multicultural environment contributes to the excellent development of communication skills.
- Excellent living conditions.
The school campus occupies a vast territory in the picturesque district of Cologne. The main building houses spacious classrooms, research laboratories, a computer centre, and a library. In a separate building is a music studio, which is called the centre of the creative life of the school. Residential buildings are located on the territory. In the school yard, recreation areas, playgrounds, sports grounds. Also, on the territory of the school there is an indoor sports complex, several tennis courts, a fitness centre.
The curriculum of St. George's is based on the UK National Curriculum.
IGCSE (14-16 years old)
A two-year program for obtaining an international certificate of general secondary education.
- Science (biology, chemistry, physics)
In addition to the main subjects, students can choose subjects for study: Spanish and French, geography, history, music, art, computer science.
IB (16-18 years old)
Learn 6 subjects, 3 at the standard level and 3 at the advanced level. Pupils choose 1 subject from each group:
- native language and literature
- foreign language (English, German, Spanish, French)
- subject from the cycle “Personality and Society” (economics, geography, history)
- natural sciences (physics, chemistry, biology)
- art (music, theatre, painting) or an additional subject from any group
The IB program also includes three key components:
- The theory of knowledge - a subject in which students learn to think critically and consider facts in a holistic system of knowledge.
- Extended essay.
- The subject "Creativity. Activities. Mutual assistance." As part of the course, students choose a creative subject (painting, music or theater), any sport, and one or another socially useful activity (helping older people, collecting donations, etc.) Thanks to these activities, a comprehensively developed and responsible person.
A-level (16-18 years old)
A two-year university preparatory program. Pupils can choose exactly those subjects that are necessary for admission to the selected university.
Living in a new spacious residence, recently built specifically for international students. Accommodation in double rooms, with shower and toilet. The rooms have all the necessary furniture. The residence has a large lounge with a 60-inch TV with British channels, table tennis and billiards. The second smaller lounge has a Play Station and a TV with German channels.
Sport is an important part of the educational process. Each student gets the opportunity to develop their individual abilities and talents. The school offers the following sports: football, hockey, badminton, volleyball, basketball, table tennis, fitness, sports running, soccer, rugby, cricket, fitness, dancing.
Students take part in a variety of interest clubs that take place in the afternoon: chess, clubs of foreign languages, mathematics, biology, physics, chemistry, geography, art, literature (writing), calligraphy, music (choral singing, drumming tools).
An important part of school life is theatre, art and music. Pupils develop their creative potential by participating in school concerts, exhibitions and theatre productions.
On weekends, students travel to Cologne, go to the cinema and bowling, go ice skating, visit museums in Bonn and Cologne, go shopping.
ENTRY TO THE UNIVERSITY
In the application process, students are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the universities and programs of their choice in order to know the course content and admission requirements. Students can attend individual consultations to resolve any issues that they have. Pupils are encouraged to study a wide range of program and university options in order to find options after high school that are relevant to their personal interests.
A school career counsellor can offer advice on filling out applications and letters of motivation, collecting reference letters, and providing any necessary supporting documents. The consultant is knowledgeable about how to apply to universities in different countries and can help students navigate the important and often difficult process of applying to the university.
Here are some of the universities students have applied for: Oxford University, Cambridge University, Queen's College London, University College London, Queen Mary University of London, University of Manchester, University of Edinburgh, St. Andrews University, University of Liverpool, York University, Leeds University, Sheffield University, Bangor University, Trinity College, University of Strathclyde, Maastricht University, University of Amsterdam, University of Twente, Ley University of Denmark, Tilburg University, Utrecht University, New York University, Yale University, Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston University, University of British Columbia and the University of Toronto and others.
Price on request.
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (not all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, treat them with caution, trust only a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc.
Other educational institutions
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).