Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Schule Schloss Salem
Schule Schloss Salem is a private boarding school located in southern Germany. The school was founded in 1920 by Prince Maximilian of Baden and the outstanding German teacher Kurt Kahn. From the very beginning it adhered to the classical traditions in education, despite the fact that advanced teaching methods have always been applied in accordance with the requirements of the time.
Today it is the largest international school in Germany, but it still focuses on fulfilling its main mission - nurturing the character of children. Pupils and graduates of the school grow up caring people, ready to take responsibility for solving problems - their own and society as a whole.
The school has about 700 students.
DIRECTOR (stand 2022)
Bernd Westermeyer, Education - Wartburg College; University of Bonn.
FAMOUS SCHOOL GRADUATES
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, consort of the Queen of Great Britain
- Queen of Spain Sofia
- Alice Ricciardi von Platen, psychoanalyst
- Golo Mann, writer and son of writer Thoman Mann
- Monica Mann, writer and daughter of writer Thoman Mann
- George Moss, historian
- Elizabeth Noel-Newman, political scientist
- Brian Simon, education historian
- Patrice Bart-Williams, singer
- Christian Kraft, writer
- Rudolph August Oetker, entrepreneur and millionaire
- 35% of students are foreign students from more than 40 countries. English is the language of communication at school along with German.
- Schule Schloss Salem is the only school in Germany to offer the unique International Classes high school curriculum, which allows you to carefully prepare for further studies under the IB program.
- The ratio of students to teachers is 1: 6. Each student receives almost individual attention.
- A huge number of sports, including water sports.
- A large number of hobby groups and classes allow finding and developing children's talents in various fields and raising comprehensively developed young people.
The school consists of 3 campuses:
- Burg Hohenfels (for children 10-12 years old) - 80 students live here
- Salem (13-17 years old) - 270 students live here
- Salem International College (16-19 years)
All three campuses are located 20 minutes away from each other on the picturesque shores of Lake Constance. Zurich and Stuttgart international airports can be reached in 1 or 2 hours.
School buildings are beautiful old castles surrounded by parks and vineyards. The exception is the Corps of the International College (Salem International College), in which students study the last two graduation classes. Especially for them, a separate centre was erected, impressing with both modern design and high-tech equipment of scientific laboratories, IT rooms and classrooms.
The pride of every school campus is its extensive libraries, which store not only printed, but also electronic materials. Sports facilities include outdoor playing fields, a 25-meter pool, fitness centre and tennis courts. In addition, students take advantage of the location of the school - the cleanest Lake Konstanz allows you to practice almost any water sport.
In grades 5-7, training takes place according to the German-language program. An initial knowledge of the German language is required. Pupils study at a special linguistic school, where they intensively learn German, and also study in ordinary school classes according to the academic program. Such training allows you to learn the language and integrate very quickly into the German educational system.
From grade 8, schooling is conducted in two languages and in two programs. Pupils can choose the teaching language - German (a classical program aimed at receiving further German Abitur) or English (a unique course of International Classes, aimed at preparing for the international baccalaureate program - IB). Pupils can change the selected program at any stage up to grade 11, since the academic programs are absolutely identical.
High School - German Abitur
Teaching is conducted in German. The academic year is divided into 4 semesters. Pupils choose their own combination of academic subjects and at the end of each semester receive marks on them. These grades are summarized with the results of the written and oral exam, and students receive a final grade and a certificate of secondary education.
High School - International Baccalaureate (IB)
A two-year program taught in English. Pupils choose one subject from 6 groups. 3 subjects are studied at an advanced level, 3 subjects - at a standard level.
The IB program also includes 3 required components:
- Course "Theory of knowledge."
- An essay is a research paper, the topic of which is chosen independently.
- Participation in the CAS program - "Creativity, Activities, Mutual Assistance" - art, sports and social events.
Accommodation in a school residence. Pupils live in 2-4 people in a room. High school students live 2 people in a room. Boys and girls live in different parts of the building. Each house has a small kitchen and a comfortable common lounge.
In addition to the compulsory physical education lessons, students choose at least 1 sport that is practiced beyond the curriculum. The main sport at school is hockey. Salem Hockey Club was founded in 1919, just a year after the founding of the school. Children can learn hockey from scratch by attending a training sports course throughout the year. Advanced players take part in the school team and participate in competitions.
You can choose to visit team and individual sports: basketball, volleyball, soccer, badminton and rugby, swimming, running, aerobics, fitness, gymnastics, athletics, rowing, water polo, tennis, fencing, golf, rock climbing, kayaking, sailing.
Tournaments are regularly held between high school and high school, as well as between other schools in the country.
Pupils of the school use many ways to reveal their talents and develop them, as well as gain confidence in themselves. This is a stage performance, playing in a school orchestra, dancing or artistic creation. School theatre groups, a choir and an orchestra are part of the school year’s cultural program.
The history of the school theatre is legendary. School productions are staged by a professional theatre director, and students of all age groups take part in rehearsals and performances. The performances are held several times a year. Schoolchildren are trained to stage light and sound, create stage designs and can try themselves as directors. Residents from all over the region come to see the big plays and musicals that the school makes. School performances are staged outside the school, and also take part in theatre competitions. For students, cultural trips to the theatres of Konstanz, Stuttgart and Zurich are carried out.
Students learn to play musical instruments, participate in the school choir, orchestra and musical groups of different styles. Students regularly win prizes in music competitions at the regional and national level, for example, at the annual national competition of young musicians "Jugend musiziert". The school orchestra travels around the world. Famous artists come to school, and students regularly attend concerts of popular and classical music in Stuttgart and Zurich.
The school has many art circles. Pupils develop their freedoms in various fields: sculpture, turning craft, painting and graphics, car repair, cooking, forging iron products, photography, sewing clothes, carpentry, computer design, ceramics.
ENTRY TO THE UNIVERSITY
In the application process, students are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the universities and programs of their choice in order to know the course content and admission requirements. Students can attend individual consultations to resolve any issues that they have. Pupils are encouraged to study a wide range of program and university options in order to find options after high school that are relevant to their personal interests.
A school career counsellor can offer advice on filling out applications and letters of motivation, collecting reference letters, and providing any necessary supporting documents. The consultant is knowledgeable about how to apply to universities in different countries and can help students navigate the important and often difficult process of applying to the university.
Here are some of the universities students have applied for: Oxford University, Cambridge University, Queen's College London, University College London, Queen Mary University of London, University of Manchester, University of Edinburgh, St. Andrews University, University of Liverpool, York University, Leeds University, Sheffield University, Bangor University, Trinity College, University of Strathclyde, Maastricht University, University of Amsterdam, University of Twente, Ley University of Denmark, Tilburg University, Utrecht University, New York University, Yale University, Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston University, University of British Columbia and the University of Toronto and others.
Grades 5-10 in the German language program - €46,200 per year
Grades 8-10 under the international English language program - €47,100 per year
German Abitur Program - €47,100 per year
IB program - €51,300 per year
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Registration fee - €1,900
- Deposit - €7,700 - €8,850
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE:
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (not all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, treat them with caution, trust only a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc.
Other educational institutions
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).