Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Ecole des Roches
A unique private international boarding school in Normandy was founded in 1899. 60 hectares of greenery and flowers, among which there are picturesque residential, school, and cultural and sports facilities, specially designed for the implementation of the tasks of pedagogical and educational programs. The school provides a safe environment and environment that promotes student development and is conducive to learning, sports and creativity.
Pupils successfully pass the Bac final exam (baccalauréat), international DELF and TCF certificates, lower secondary school certificate (Brevet).
The school accepts foreign students of any nationality, regardless of age and level of knowledge of the French language, helps to fully integrate into the general secondary education system in 1 year, prepare for the BAC final exam.
DIRECTOR (FOR 2021)
David Johnson, education - The University of North Dakota (linguistics); Michigan State University (education technology); Bemidji State University (teaching English)
- Vincent Cassel, actor (films "Black Swan", "Crimson Rivers", "Ocean's 11")
- Ulyana Dobrovskaya, daughter of actress Renata Litvinova
- Michelle Botts, writer and educator
- Jean de Beaumont, businessman and politician
- Jean-Claude Fornet, painter
- Georges Brasov, son of Grand Duke Mikhail and nephew of Emperor Nicholas II
- Lucien Baudard, writer and journalist
- Alexandre de Marenchet, officer of the French army
- Bertrand de Margerie, theologian
- Jean Raspel, writer, journalist, traveler
- Joseph Belmont, architect
- Guy Rasche, writer
- Philip Ersan, media mogul
- Prince Frederick of Denmark, eldest son of Queen Margaret II and Prince Henry
- Individual control of the work of each student.
- Daily homework under the supervision of a teacher.
- Study of several foreign languages (Russian, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Italian).
- There are several Russian-speaking employees who are ready to help at any moment.
- Living together with students from more than 50 countries allows you to look at the world more broadly, discover different cultures, and make friendships.
- A very friendly atmosphere, an individual approach, they kiss children on both cheeks and are surrounded by the gorgeous nature.
- They take children, even with 0 level of French, there is a specially designed program for beginners with gradual integration into regular classes.
- There are 350 people in the school, 30 of them are from Russia, and a few more children are from Ukraine.
- The youngest child from Russia is 6 years old!
- On average, children come from 12-14 years old (the school accepts up to 18 years old).
- It is obligatory to study the native language, therefore 9 (!) Languages are taught at the school, teachers are native speakers.
- Children from Russia study Russian and native literature.
The school has an area of 60 hectares, on which there are: a theater, a cinema, a cinema club, a music recording studio, a fine arts studio, a dance school and cooking courses, two music classes: for classes and instrumental music.
Educational buildings include:
- 36 classrooms equipped with video projectors, laptop computers and electronic boards
- chemical, physical and biological laboratories
- audio-video multimedia center
- an arts center, which houses an amphitheater, computer labs with 200 learning machines, an examination room, an art studio and a music class
- stadium, summer outdoor pool, 5 outdoor tennis courts, 2 indoor courts
- equestrian center, go-kart track, golf training ground, football, rugby, basketball, handball grounds
- halls of martial arts, table tennis, gymnastics, badminton, strength exercises, boxing, mini-golf
- track for off-road cycling and roller skating.
The school curriculum is divided into three age groups:
- Elementary School - College - Lyceum.
Primary school with advanced study of foreign languages
The main task of elementary school is the assimilation of basic knowledge and skills: reading, writing, counting. Students are assigned to small group classes to provide a more personalized approach to each. Pupils of the second middle class SM 2 (approximately corresponds to the 4th grade of the Russian school) acquire all the necessary knowledge for a successful transition to college (6th grade).
All study programs comply with the instructions and recommendations of the Ministry of Education. The school uses the most modern pedagogical methods in a successful combination with classical pedagogy: computers, video projectors, electronic interactive whiteboard. Classes in the class are held according to an in-depth program, there are additional lessons in basic subjects.
English language: 6 lessons per week. A native speaker teacher prepares students for fluency in a foreign language. Once a week, children are offered an introduction to classical music and French classical literature. There are classes on etiquette and rules of conduct in society. Each week, merit and success are rewarded by choosing the “best student of the week”.
- College (getting high school diploma)
The priority is: master the methodology of educational work, learn to be independent, learn to express your thoughts. Students regularly do their homework, weekly they do independent work in the main subjects. Control over the implementation of assignments is carried out at the boarding house during the evening preparation of lessons.
Additional classes in various subjects, as well as classes in the theater studio, help prepare college students for the pace of study at the lyceum. The college offers advanced math classes. Students in the final grade of college take a fortnightly quiz on Saturday mornings. The transition to the first lyceum class (grade 2 in the French school system) is facilitated by such an intensive training program.
A mock high school graduation exam is held every three months. The goal is to familiarize and prepare students for the examination requirements. The high school graduation exams achieved 98% success rates.
- Lyceum (high school, IB program)
The Roche School recruits two groups into the International Class of the first year of study at the Lyceum, one group is French-speaking, the other is English.
For students with an active lifestyle, a wide range of interests, going beyond the usual program and planning to continue their studies in the best universities in the world. Ecole des Roches has joined the JEMS group and is preparing for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
The International Baccalaureate is an opportunity to gain broader understanding in natural sciences, humanities, languages, before choosing a specialization for a university. International Baccalaureate teaches the ability to think internationally, respectful of cultural differences.
The IB program undergoes intensive preparation for the final exams. Successful passing of final exams ranges from 93% to 98.5%. Preparation for graduation is accompanied by the first acquaintance with the requirements of a higher school.
There is a regular training for final tests with gradually increasing difficulty. 3 mock examination sessions in a real exam (two written and one oral), one of the sessions is checked by teachers from other educational institutions. Dozens of oral "tests" in all subjects during the academic year. Written tests in basic subjects are carried out weekly.
ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS
Students live on the school grounds in Norman-style houses. The school has 12 spacious residential buildings at its disposal, where from 22 to 55 students live. Each house is run by educators - “house chefs”. They are on the school grounds 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, monitor the behavior of students and stimulate their work, try to create a warm atmosphere in every home and instill in students tolerance and humanistic life values. In their work, they rely on the help of captains selected from among the school's students.
Five meals a day in the school cafe. All meals are prepared in their own kitchen. Each meal includes fresh vegetables, fruits, cheeses, desserts, several types of snacks, meat or fish to choose from, dairy products, pastries. Pupils themselves participate in the development of the menu through the School's Gastronomic Council.
Intense sports can help make life dynamic. Sport is designed to foster a love of overcoming difficulties, develop endurance, team spirit, and competition. The school offers 21 sports. The school program includes: 7 hours a week of sports - 4 hours of general physical education + 3 hours of collective sports or individual lessons in competitions or for recreation.
Students can find sports to their liking: artistic gymnastics, equestrian sports, athletics, football, modern dance, rugby, badminton, golf, strength training, skateboard, basketball, handball, swimming, tennis, classical ballet, karate, table tennis, volleyball.
Important events and activities of school life form in students a character full of curiosity, enthusiasm, and tolerance. These are: conferences, language exchanges, professional internships at enterprises, participation in Kabarosh performances (it is organized and conducted by theater, dance, music studio, orchestra clubs, etc.), a cinema club, Sports and Culture Day, Unification Day, dinner Ramadan, Slavic holiday, Chinese New Year and more.
€39,075 - €46,995 per year.
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Entry fee and deposit
- Some sports and music classes:
Aviation - €3,980 per year
Theater - €640 per year
Tennis - €1,120 per year
Fencing - €1,120 per year
Martial arts / Yoga / boxing - €320 for 5 months
Golf - €560 for 5 months
Horse riding / karting - €865 for 5 months
Guitar / piano / drums - €560 for 5 months
- Air travel
- Transfers from / airport
- Educational company services
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE:
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (far from all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, they are cautious about them, trust only to a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc.
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).