Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
St. Margaret’s School
St. Margaret’s School is a boarding school for girls, founded in 1908. The school gives girls not only an excellent education, but also prepares for admission to the university.
The school is located in the very beautiful and picturesque city of Victoria on the southeast side of Vancouver Island. Victoria, the capital of the Canadian province of British Columbia and a university centre, as well as a historic Pacific port, is considered Canada’s most “British” city in its atmosphere. The international airport is just a 20-minute drive from the school.
The school pays equal attention to the achievements of girls, both in the field of the academic program, and in the physical and spiritual development of the individual. High academic results are achieved due to the small number of students in the classes and the individual approach to each student. The school has created a warm and friendly atmosphere that contributes to the development and disclosure of the talents and abilities of each girl.
About 350 students’ study at the school.
DIRECTOR (stand 2020)
Sharon Klein, Education - University of Regina, Bachelor of Biology; San Diego State University-California State University, master's degree in educational management.
- Around the school there is a huge park surrounded by agricultural land, there are two lakes nearby. Such a natural environment promotes learning and outdoor games.
- The ratio of teachers and students is 1: 8.
- Small classes allow teachers to pay enough attention to each student.
- The ability to think independently and make decisions is encouraged.
- The school prides itself on creating an impeccable learning environment where students can be themselves and discover their true talents.
- The school is known for teaching art objects, achievements in athletics, a leadership development program and extracurricular activities.
- We are personally acquainted with the administration of this school.
The school area of 22 acres is surrounded by a beautiful park. The school is a 15-minute walk from downtown Victoria.
The building of the elementary school built in 2006 contains: 7 classrooms, a computer lab, specialized classes for engaging in fine arts, French, and the natural sciences. In the building of the high school there are: classrooms, four scientific laboratories, an art studio, a lounge for self-study and senior students, a career planning centre. The high school building is connected to the administrative building and a sports centre.
The school’s campus also has a dance and yoga studio, classes for music, singing and drama, a library, a culinary arts centre and a gardening area. There is a greenhouse at the school, where they teach to grow vegetables and care for plants. The sports centre consists of 2 gyms and a fitness centre, as well as a stage for performances and various school events. The school has a large library with computers and access to a huge amount of educational literature.
High school preparation program
The program is aimed at preparing students for the intensive loads of high school. Educational and cultural programs should also help students determine their choice of specialization in high school, more clearly understand their interests and inclinations, and develop the educational skills necessary for high school.
University Preparation Program. Pupils study majors in the university program, which they are preparing to enter, and pass exams based on the results of the study. The AP program consists of subject area courses. Students select several subjects from the proposed areas for in-depth study.
The program stands for "Science, Technology, Engineering, Math": "Natural Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics." A key feature of STEM programs is the solution of practical problems and the development of projects at the junction of technical disciplines based on the theory studied. STEM education is the foundation of high-tech employee training.
International English Language Program
The international English language program prepares foreign students for admission to English-language universities in Canada, the USA and other countries of the world.
Depending on the initial knowledge of English, students can take the preparatory program of English as a foreign language (Transition Program) or attend additional English classes along with training in the academic program (Bridge Program). The Transition course (intensive English instruction in a mini-group) has earned an excellent reputation, most foreign students continue their studies at the school according to the main program. Bridge courses are designed specifically for students with a good knowledge of English, but who need additional training. During this course, training in the program of 8, 9, 10 classes is combined with weekly classes in English.
Both programs are aimed at adapting students to the English-language school environment and are led by qualified teachers. Admission to the program is also carried out in accordance with age. The program involves small classes and attention to the individual needs of each student.
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
The school has 4 residences - Barton, Fenwick, French, Pearce, each designed for 36 people. The girls live in a room in two, each room has a bathroom. In the houses there is a shared kitchen, rooms for relaxation and games, watching movies. Girls eat in the beautiful dining room - Alexis Hall.
Tennis, golf, squash, badminton, athletics, swimming, rowing, field hockey, volleyball, soccer, basketball, yoga, dancing, rock climbing and much more.
After school, college life does not stop. St. Margaret’s School is a vibrant venue that helps to develop fully and encourages sports and creative activities. For girls, the school provides all the possibilities: dancing, yoga, various sports. Theatrical studio and choir. Cooking and gardening. The school has its own greenhouse, which teaches you how to grow vegetables and care for plants, which helps support research on local foods. The school has a special environmental class. Outdoor activities in the oak grove provide students with space; they learn by studying the environment in any weather.
The location of the school near Victoria allows students to attend concerts, films, sporting events, museums and galleries. This allows you to feel the life and atmosphere of the Canadian city.
The school organizes weekend trips to nearby cities in Canada and the United States. These educational trips allow you to better know the country, get acquainted with the culture and expand your horizons.
CAD $65,125 per year.
International English Language - CAD $7,500 - $10,000 per year.
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Registration fee - CAD $250
- School admission fee - CAD $700
- Deposit - CAD $7,500
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE:
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (far from all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, they are cautious about them, trust only to a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc.
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).