Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Programme starts 5 times a year (January, April, July, September, and November).
Braemar College is an international private school accredited by the Ontario Department of Education. The school was created to provide an opportunity for international students to effectively prepare for admission to leading universities in Canada.
Braemar College is located in Canada's largest city, in the capital of Ontario, Toronto. The city is known as the "economic engine" of Canada, is considered one of the leading metropolitan areas in the world and has a great influence both in the region and at the national and international levels. Moreover, Toronto is a large international cultural center. Theaters, concert halls, art galleries and museums - the city's cultural life is full of events. The sports life of Canadians is partly concentrated in Toronto - it is at the stadium with a unique retractable roof (Rogers Center) where football and hockey matches are held.
The city is full of numerous parks and squares, where tourists and locals enjoy their free time. Braemar College is located in the city center next to the University of Toronto. Toronto International Airport (Pearson International Airport) is 16 km away ride.
Among the students of Braemar College, everyone knows about the culture and traditions of their classmates from other countries. At school, ethnic boundaries are erased; it does not matter which country this or that student came from. Representatives of different nationalities feel comfortable within the walls of the school. Intercultural skills, knowledge of foreign languages and solid preparation in subjects open up great prospects for graduates of Braemar College.
According to statistics, college graduates enter the leading universities in North America: 37% - University of Toronto (ranked in the top 50 universities in the world!), 16% - York University, 14% - Ryerson University, 8% - University of Waterloo, 25% - other universities.
The college has 150-200 students.
PRINCIPAL (STAND 2023)
Virgenia Lemieux. She holds a Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree in English and Dramatic Arts, and a Bachelor of Education degree in Concurrent Education from Queen’s University. She is a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers with additional qualifications in Special Education and English as a Second Language.
- School students achieve excellent results due to an individual approach to each student. A small number of students are usually engaged in a class, up to 15 people in a class. Teachers can take into account the student's abilities and pay personal attention to each child.
- An important part of the curriculum is practical work carried out in scientific laboratories, the widespread use of computers.
- Every year, a large number of the school's students are awarded scholarships, prizes and other awards that recognize good academic performance (including the Governor's Award and the Euclid Mathematical Prize).
- The programs are designed in such a way that the preparation of applicants meets the requirements of universities as much as possible.
- Students are taught not only school disciplines, but also the knowledge and skills necessary for further study and a successful career.
- The College has strong partnerships with the largest universities in Canada, which greatly facilitates the graduate enrollment process. Among the college partners: York University, Thompson Rivers University, Ryerson University, etc.
- Flexible schedule: studies begin and end 5 times a year (January, April, July, September, and November).
- College teachers are a team of caring, energetic and skilled educators. They are certified members of the Ontario Teachers Association. Many of them have experience working with different cultures in different parts of the world. And they all strive to share the best experience with the student.
- We can provide the phone numbers of parents whose children are studying or studying at this school.
- A school representative gave a presentation at our office in 2012.
- We are the exclusive representative of the school in Krasnoyarsk
Spacious and bright classrooms of the college are equipped with modern heating and ventilation systems. This allows students to feel comfortable at any time of the year.
The computer lab is equipped with 27 high-speed computers connected to a high-definition printer. All equipment is freely available during school hours.
The college has a small science lab, a cafeteria and a lounge where students can spend time between classes.
High School Program
The program is designed for international students wishing to continue their further education (higher, secondary or vocational) in educational institutions in English-speaking countries. The college accepts students from grades 9 to 12 inclusive. The course program is coordinated and approved by the Ministry of Education. Upon completion of the course, students receive an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), recognized by educational institutions around the world.
Upon arrival at the school, all students are tested for knowledge of the English language, according to the results of which they are assigned either directly to the academic program, or first to the English language course, if the student's level is lower than that required for the academic program.
Each semester lasts 9 weeks, during which the student focuses on only 2 courses (except for students enrolled in the Express Program).
After enrollment, the student meets with his or her academic supervisor. The meeting discusses the curriculum for the coming year, based on the results of the internal test, previous academic performance and goals set by the student.
This plan is adjusted twice under the following conditions:
- the student's goal for the coming academic year;
- selection of courses necessary to achieve the goal;
- additional classes, subjects, participation in volunteer work inside and outside the school;
- goal for further academic career.
The school day is divided into three periods:
- 9:30- 12:00;
- 13:00- 15:30;
Post-secondary programs focused on continuing to college or university. Upon admission to this program, all students take a test in English and Mathematics. Based on the test results and the student's wishes for the university, a training program is drawn up. The student is informed what courses need to be taken in order to enter the desired college or university faculty.
The duration of training depends on the level of knowledge of the student and the goals that they set. The student can always discuss their program with the teacher and, if necessary, adjust the curriculum.
Will Braemar help apply to college / university?
Of course. The college works hard to help students with admission, whether it's Ontario in Canada or any other location. The college has detailed information on the various programs and entrance tests for most colleges and universities. Throughout the year, representatives from various higher education institutions visit Braemar College and give presentations specifically to students.
Living in a Canadian family. All host families that the college works with are thoroughly screened and individually interviewed by school staff. Braemar College provides all family information to students and their parents. Host families provide the student with constant care and three meals a day. In addition, by living with a homestay, the international student will be able to get closer to Canadian culture, as well as have an excellent opportunity to practice and improve their English skills outside of school.
Residence. Students can live in the student residence and eat in the school cantina or cafeteria. Accommodation in the residence is only available during the summer period from May to August.
Apartments. Students can independently arrange their accommodation in Canada.
The school's sports program is held at the University of Toronto Athletic Center, located a 5-minute walk from Braemar College. The center has the largest sports base among similar sports facilities of Canadian universities. Here you can practice sports for every taste: basketball, hockey, football, volleyball, running, etc.
In order to acquaint students with the history of Canada and saturate their lives with positive emotions, trips are regularly organized at the school: Niagara Falls, Canada's Wonderland amusement park, etc.
The cultural life of school students is inextricably linked with cultural events taking place in Toronto: exhibitions, films and theater premieres, concerts and visits to museums, operas, festivals, etc. Thanks to the good location of the school, many famous places in the city are within walking distance or a short ride by public transport. Children can also attend bowling, laser tag, hockey, basketball and baseball games.
On the basis of the school, talent shows, dances, clubs (music, drama, dancing, etc.), parties and other entertainment events are organized.
CAD 22,400 annually.
Included in cost
- Registration fee – CAD $300
- Homestay Placement Fee – CAD $300
- Living in a Canadian family, 42 weeks (full board):
- in a single room - $300 per week
- Guardianship – CAD $1,000 per year
- Insurance – CAD $70 per month
- Learning materials – CAD $75 for course per term
- Flight tickets
- Transfers from / to the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE:
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (far from all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, they are cautious about them, trust only to a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc.
STUDY AND WORK IN CANADA
If you are interested in studying in Canada and you find it difficult to choose a specialty, why not follow the link www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do. Enter the name of the profession and the province of Canada, and you will be presented with a list of employers offering matching positions and salary numbers. It will also help to understand in which provinces it is easier to find work.
If you are interested in working in Canada, then follow the link to get full information about it. You will find which job is currently the most in demand in Canada and you can select a job by entering the title.
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).