Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
King’s School Canterbury International College
Canterbury International College is part of King’s School Canterbury, Britain’s oldest school, founded in 597 CE. The school is located in Canterbury, Kent, in south-eastern England, a 1-hour drive from London.
King's School is a large campus in the beautiful surroundings of Canterbury Cathedral. Majestic buildings of the 13th century organically coexist with modern buildings, creating an atmosphere of comfort and cosiness.
The international college opened in September 2018 and teaches foreign children 13-17 years old. The goal of the college is to prepare students for admission to the best high schools in the UK, offering students a ‘soft landing’ into UK boarding life. The college has capacity for 80 students.
The college is located in a purpose-built building designed by the best London architects. The modern building is a striking combination of concrete and glass, very organically blending into the surrounding landscape. From the corridors with oak floors overlooks the landscaped central courtyard - a meeting place for students and a platform for presentations, performances and open-air concerts.
DIRECTOR (stand 2021)
Joint Principals - Mr & Mrs Prior, University of Oxford
- Classes are small, with an average of just 8 students per class (Max 12).
- Studying at King's is a great first experience with the UK education system.
- Focus on development of academic English
- High exam results.
- Family atmosphere, helping internationalstudents adapt to life in the UK.
- 50% of students after college entered The King's School, Canterbury for A-Levels. The rest entered some of the best schools in the UK: St Paul's School, Brighton College, Cardiff Sixth Form College, Charterhouse, Shrewsbury.
- Former students have received offers from top UK universities including: Oxford University, UCL, Warwick University, Edinburgh University, Durham University
- 100% of teachers have a bachelor degree and a post-graduate degree or professional qualification.
- College students have access to King's excellent equipment, many sports, music and art classes take place within the school.
- Modern accommodation with twin rooms and en-suite facilities.
- All co-curricular and extra-curricular activities are joint with the King’s Senior School students.
For the college, the King's historic Malthouse Schoolhouse, which is located next to the main college building, has been completely renovated. It now houses the Centre for Fine Arts, a theatre with 350 seats, research laboratories, as well as a large dining room.
In the main building of the college there are 2 scientific laboratories, classes for art and photography, rooms for practical music lessons, a medical room. Classrooms are small and compact, with modern touch monitors. There is a small library, but all children have access to King's School's large library.
Pupils use King’s excellent sports equipment: 8 hectares of sports fields for rugby, football, hockey, lacrosse, cricket, athletics; tennis and netball courts; artificial hockey field, grass track athletic track. The school has a Sports and Recreation Centre with a large sports hall, a 25-meter pool, squash courts, a climbing wall, a fencing hall, a fitness studio and a dance studio. 3 km from the school there is a boat club where children go in for water sports.
Pupils also have access to King's well-equipped music school, opened in 2009. Here are rooms for rehearsals and practical exercises, a recording studio, a library and a hall for rehearsal of the choir.
13-14 years: preparatory course for high school education - introduction to the British curriculum.
14-15 years: two-year course combining GCSE course subjects (to obtain a certificate of general secondary education) and introduction to other subjects. This is done so that students can later make a deliberate decision on the choice of subjects on the A-levels or IB programs.
15-16 years: GCSE intensive preparatory year course for admission to A-levels or IB programs.
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
Accommodation in a residence, in a new (main) college building. Children live in twin rooms with en-suite facilities. The building has common rooms for relaxation and communication, study and music rooms, and a medical office. Meals - in the cafeteria of the college.
During all co-currricular activities International College students are fully integrated with the King’s Senior school students. The college pays great attention to the health of students, so sports are considered one of the priority areas. All sports classes are conducted by professional instructors. Among them: Jen Wilson - a former hockey player of international level and a three-time winner of the Olympic Games; Mark Ealham - a former international cricketer; Jon Williamson is the head of the English rowing team.
College sports: athletics, cricket, running, horseback riding, fencing, soccer, golf, hockey, lacrosse, netball, rowing, rugby, sailing, shooting, squash, swimming, tennis.
Children take part in the college’s busy music life: 6 choirs, 3 orchestras, many chamber groups, a brass band, rock and jazz groups. The college allows you to effectively prepare for specialized exams in music schools. King's School is known for its high level of teaching music. Teachers are practicing professionals who play in symphony orchestras and teach at music academies.
Students will have the opportunity to attend workshops of famous solo artists such as Andrew Marriner (clarinet), Ann Murray (vocals), Nicholas Daniel (oboe), Rebecca Gilliver (cello). Master classes are organized every semester,
In college, you can do art and photography, regularly conduct educational trips to London galleries. The college offers dancing and ballet classes, every year the school organizes a grand dance show.
The theatre department is impressive. Drama classes are held at the highest level. At least 4 large-scale productions within the school take place annually. Not far from the college is The Marlowe Theatre, which has already hosted performances staged and played by King's students twice: Les Misérables and West Side Story. Each performance was attended by 6,000 people.
£14,420 per semester.
There are 3 semesters in the school year.
Included in cost
- Standard academic and co-curricular tuition
- Accommodation and meals
- Educational materials
- Trips and expeditions that are part of the curriculum
- Accident insurance (incorporating Dental)
- Registration fee - £150
- Deposit - £2,000 + cost of 1 term
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
- Guardianship (as required by British law)
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (not all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, treat them with caution, trust only a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
- Selection of guardians required by UK law.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc. etc.
IMPRESIONS OF COLLEGE VISITS
Canterbury is an amazingly beautiful town with, as is commonly believed, the best microclimate in England. Here is the largest number of warm and sunny days in England. International College is a division of The King’s School Canterbury, the oldest school in the world. The college was opened in 2018 for international students 13-16 years old, who, due to an insufficient level of English, cannot start studying in leading boarding schools. There are only about 42 students in college now. There are a maximum of 12 children in a class, and sometimes only 4. This indicates almost individual attention to students.
Founder of ‘’Paradise’’
Kings school Canterbury is the oldest school in the world! It was founded in 597 AD. This is the perfect school. You can trust me: I have been inspecting schools for 23 years and have seen more than a hundred. Walking on campus is absolutely not associated with an educational institution. You feel like you are on a tour of the old castle and the surrounding premises, dining rooms, chapels ... all this huge farm is sheltered under the wing of the famous Canterbury Cathedral, and part of the old city wall is now a school "fence". Everything is fine here, I give a rating of 10 out of 10.
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).