Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Godstowe School is a preparatory school for girls. The school is located in High Wycombe (High Wycombe), Buckinghamshire, an hour's drive from London. The school was founded in 1900. A warm friendly atmosphere was created here, the students are surrounded by constant care. The basic principle of the school is based on the comprehensive development of girls, which helps them to reveal their abilities.
Godstowe has an impeccable reputation among British preparatory schools. The purpose of the training is to prepare students for further admission to the best schools in the UK.
Arguments in favour of separate girls' education are as follows:
- Girls develop physically and emotionally somewhat faster than boys, and in them they do not have to adapt to the "lagging" classmates.
- Girls, as a rule, are more self-organized and have better discipline, girls' teams are better organized and focused on learning.
- “Amorous affairs” do not distract from study.
- Girls grow up independent and do not expect someone to do “non-female work” for them.
DIRECTOR (stand 2021)
Sophie Green, education - Grammar School; London School of Economics; post-graduate teacher training at the Institute of Education, part of the University of London.
- The school provides excellent preparation for the further education of girls in elite boarding schools in the UK.
- Female students achieve impressive results in the field of music. over the past few years, girls have received places in the National Children's Orchestra of Great Britain. Several students joined the junior department of the London Conservatory.
- Small classes ensure that everyone receives individual attention.
- Lessons encourage girls to think, ask questions and lead discussions.
- Teachers present their subject in a creative way, often using game techniques and project work in addition to traditional teaching methods.
In 2013, a new sports centre was opened at Godstowe School. There is a tennis court, 4 badminton courts, netball, basketball and hockey courts, as well as equipment for gymnastics, lacrosse, a gym, and a dance studio. The school theatre has recently been refurbished and now has a large stage, professional lighting and sound.
The music school is located in a separate building. There are 15 rooms for practical exercises (each room with a piano), two large classrooms for classes, one with keyboards and computers, the other with percussion and ethnic musical instruments. The school has a concert hall with the new Bosendorfer grand piano. Every year, the music school hosts the semi-finals of the national chamber music competition.
From 7 to 9 years old girls learn languages, music, design and technology, information technology and physical education. From 9 to 11 years begins the study of academic subjects from professional teachers in their field. The curriculum is in line with the UK National Curriculum.
Living in a residence on the school grounds in one of the houses. Each house has a tennis court, private garden and swing. Girls can ride a scooter, play badminton or table tennis. The houses have comfortable lounges with a TV, DVD, computer and music equipment, a kitchen with the necessary utensils and appliances for preparing snacks and drinks.
Sports activities give students an understanding of the key roles of physical activity and a healthy lifestyle. Sports activities that the school offers: Tennis, hockey, rock climbing, gymnastics, ballet, fencing, judo, badminton, horse riding, rowing and others. Girls can take part in competitions in netball, athletics, tennis, swimming, the English paw and lacrosse. Pupils win competitions at the national level; many girls begin to seriously engage in sports and make great progress.
There are many interest clubs in the school, where girls study in their free time: chess, cooking, debate, first aid, gardening, French, knitting, Latin, music theory, sewing, creating a scientific journal, poetry club and many others.
Music plays a very important role in school life. Each student attends one or two music lessons per week, and can also take part in music events outside the classroom. It is possible to take individual lessons and learn to play musical instruments. At the disposal of students: violin, viola, cello, harp, flute, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, bassoon, trumpet, trombone, horn, guitar, piano, as well as vocals. Girls perform at music festivals and win prizes.
Each year, a grandiose production takes place in the school theatre, in which all students are involved. This allows girls to develop their creative abilities, the ability to speak in front of an audience, and learn to manage emotions. LAMDA (London Academy of Music and Drama) classes are held weekly for those who plan to seriously engage in art. The program of study includes visiting theatres.
£8,900 per semester.
There are 3 semesters in the school year.
Included in cost
- Registration fee - £ 110
- Deposit - £ 2,000
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
- Guardianship (as required by British law)
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (not all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, treat them with caution, trust only a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
- Selection of guardians required by UK law.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc. etc.
IMPRESSIONS OF SCHOOL VISIT
Paradise Boarding School Expert
Little English town High Wycombe. Ten minutes on foot from the train station to the very top of the hill, and you're in the girl's kingdom. Or in the fairyland of fairies - at Godstowe School. Little sorceresses are everywhere! They pour it out of the rooms, make noise, chat, smile, some say hello. Bright red jumpers - poppy field. They have been taught to be aristocrats since childhood.
My visit takes place in the afternoon, all the girls are still in the classroom. At the main school, girls of 7-13 years old are studying, while in the adjacent building there is a kindergarten (3-4 years, boys are also accepted here) and a preparatory department (5-7 years). In the main, oldest building of the school (and it was founded in 1900) there are classrooms, rooms where girls live, a large dining room with chintz curtains and homemade cookies !
About 100 students live in the school permanently, others do stay here for 3-4 days a week. By the way, two Russian girls study here (one is a day student, the second is weekly border). There are not many foreign students, and the mix of nationalities is good. Teachers, house moms, their assistants take care of the girls. And this concern is manifested primarily in a warm attitude, surrounded by love. But how else, if the youngest girl in the hostel is only 7 years old. Just the school staff are trying not to divide the girls into coming and staying, which is why everyone does their homework in special classes together.
And all the girls from the moment they enter learn French! I immediately remembered Pushkin's Tatyana Larina. However, the girls speak well both in their native language and in English, by the end of preparatory school and in French.
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).