Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Godolphin School - boarding school for girls, was founded in 1726. The school is located in the city of Salisbury in the south-west of England, a two-hour drive from London. Godolphin School is one of the oldest girls' schools in the UK. Following strict traditional teaching methods, teachers skilfully use the latest and most effective techniques and techniques.
The school is located in a beautiful area of 6.5 hectares. Central to the main building, built in the era of Queen Victoria. The school is traditionally strong in preparing students not only in basic subjects, but also in music, drama, and art. The emphasis in training is on the comprehensive development of personality, teachers encourage girls to be creative in their work.
The school has about 450 students. About 10% are students from other countries, including Canada, China, France, Germany, Russia, Spain, Thailand, and the USA.
DIRECTOR (stand 2022)
Emma Hattersley, Education - University of Durham, Bachelor of Arts, majoring in music. Graduate of the Royal Academy of Music, University of London.
FAMOUS SCHOOL GRADUATES
- Antonia Bernat, actress (film "Elvis. The Early Years")
- Mary Cartwright, mathematician
- Jilly Cooper, writer
- Anna Pafley, judge of the Supreme Court of Great Britain
- Dorothy Sayers, writer
- Deborah Meden, entrepreneur
- The school has high academic performance indicators - students enter the top-rated universities annually, including Oxford and Cambridge.
- Small classes provide each student with individual attention.
- The school provides girls with excellent education and exceptional opportunities for creative development.
- A huge selection of additional classes of interest.
- Teachers strive to surround girls with care and attention, help achieve their goals.
- A high degree of trust between students and teachers is what underlies teaching.
- The main task of the school is to build girls' confidence in their abilities and prepare them for an active role in society.
The campus of the school is located on 6.5 hectares of land: educational buildings, sports grounds, an art centre and a theatre. The school has a school cafeteria, a medical and dental centre, a library, workshops and art studios. Godolphin School has classy classrooms with state-of-the-art multimedia equipment. Each class has computers. The school has a magnificent library, well-equipped studios for art classes. The school boasts excellent sports facilities - a swimming pool, numerous fields for team sports, tennis courts, a large gym.
High school program for secondary school certificate. 10 subjects are studied, of which 7 are mandatory and 3 are optional.
A pre-university two-year program aimed at preparing and passing exams to obtain a certificate of "advanced" level - Advanced Level General Certificate of Education. The main goal of the program is to prepare for admission to the chosen university. High school students’ study 4 or 5 subjects in the first year of study (AS-level) and 3-4 subjects in the second year of study (A2-level).
The program of preparation for admission to the university. Created by the Cambridge Center for International Examinations (CIE) as an alternative to the A-Level program. The course is continuous, the subjects do not change and exams are held only at the end of the second year of study. They study 3, maximum 4 subjects. Much attention is paid to independent learning, which makes it possible to better prepare students for successful studies at the university. Students also perform an "Independent Research Project" and prepare a portfolio for the course "Global Perspectives and Research".
An alternative to the A-level program: a pre-university training course with maximum emphasis on the development of practical skills, the application of theoretical knowledge in real life.
During high school, girls receive individual counselling from their own mentor. The school employs experts on university selection, preparation for admission and further career. They also advise girls and help to learn in detail about the requirements and programs of any university of interest to them.
Pension in one of 4 houses. Younger girls live in rooms of 4 people. Older girls have the opportunity to live in a single room or choose which classmates they would like to share a room with. Each house has a kitchen, a TV room, a games room and a relaxation room.
Much attention is paid to the school sports and physical development of girls. In addition to traditional sports - hockey, tennis, gymnastics, athletics - there are a lot of different sports activities for every taste to choose from. Among them: horse riding, cricket, ski jumping, judo, fencing, golf and much more. Teachers believe that active sports contribute to the full development of girls, so the school aims to attract all students to classes, regardless of their individual abilities.
Godolphin School has all the conditions for practicing music, art, and drama. In extracurricular time, girls can study in hobby groups - cooking, photo art, ceramics, makeup art, drama, dance, first aid courses, self-defence, fitness, science and computer technology. 80% of girls play one or another musical instrument, sing in a choir, play in school orchestras. High school students have the opportunity to develop their skills in writing essays, take part in school debates and develop school projects.
On Saturday evenings, students can watch movies, chat with friends, or just go for a walk. On Sundays, service is held at Salisbury Cathedral, and in the morning or in the evening - at the school itself. In the early evening, high school students organize various team and board games or karaoke for elementary school students. Once a year, a talent contest is held, which is organized by high school students.
The school organizes excursions to the cities of Great Britain: Stonehenge, London, Bath, Southampton. There are also trips to shops, to the cinema, to bowling, to the theatre, sports and entertainment events. On Saturdays, classes end before lunch, and after lunch you can take a walk in Salisbury.
£10,570 - £14,390 per semester (depending on age).
There are 3 semesters in the school year.
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Registration fee - £50 - 200 (depending on age)
- Acceptance Fee - £100 - £500 (depending on age)
- Deposit - One term's fees
- Classes in music, theatre, tennis
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
- Guardianship (as required by British law)
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (not all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, treat them with caution, trust only a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
- Selection of guardians required by UK law.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc.
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).