Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Farlington School is located approximately three miles west of the town of Horsham in West Sussex. Located on 13 hectares of picturesque parkland - this is an ideal place for the education of a child. The school was founded in 1896, but the school moved to its current place of residence in 1955.
This outstanding independent boarding school for girls provides comprehensive education. Up to 350 people study at the school.
The school aims to nurture self-confidence in students. Girls graduate from school with well-educated young women with highly developed interpersonal skills and a wide range of interests. They are self-confident, can achieve their goals and make a positive contribution to society.
DIRECTOR (stand 2021)
James Passam, Education - University of Manchester; PGCE from the University of Oxford; MBA from Henley Business School.
FAMOUS SCHOOL GRADUATES
- Jill Heim, writer for radio and television
- Gemma Powell, actress (films "Pit", "Alice in Wonderland")
- Angela Thorne, actress (films “Born to Command”, “Anyone for Denis?”)
- Alexandra Harris, writer, 2010 Guardian First Book Award winner
- Samantha Houghton, anthropologist
- Small classes provide an individual approach to each student.
- Emphasis on the uniqueness of each girl, all training is aimed at unlocking potential and abilities.
- Comprehensive development: the school provides both education and the skills necessary for life.
- The school is a centre for studying foreign languages: from 9 years old they study French and Spanish, from 10 years old - Latin, later they start to study German or Italian.
- Cohabitation teaches girls to respect each other, to accept the character and needs of another person.
- All girls are surrounded by exceptional care from the school staff, and the presence of a warm and friendly atmosphere is the key to 100% success.
Literacy and the ability to think quantitatively are the building blocks of education and the foundation of learning. The school follows the National Curriculum, but due to its small size, it is possible to offer a more substantive content of instruction and, of course, individual attention to each student. As the girls progress, they begin to study French, Spanish, music, theatre, art, physical education and games. Training is conducted by teachers - specialists in their subjects. The subject "Science" is taught in well-equipped laboratories at High School. Various musical events are held, individual music lessons can also be organized.
The basis of training is the National Curriculum, but the school offers a greater number of subjects. 17 subjects are being studied.
In high school, girls prepare for the GCSE exam (to obtain a certificate of general secondary education). At the 10th year of study, they complete the GCSE short course. 6 key subjects are being studied. Girls also choose to study four additional subjects.
The school has a specially built centre for the Sixth Form program, which houses: a spacious library, seminar rooms used exclusively for A Level training, two large common rooms and a kitchen. The curriculum includes a wide range of AS and A2 courses. The program is selected considering the individual needs of each student.
The guesthouse has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere as homely as possible. There are rules, but they are kept to a minimum, with emphasis on those necessary for the well-being of girls.
Bedrooms vary in size (from 4 to 6 people), but in high school students usually live in double rooms. The peculiarity of the residence is that girls from 10 to 18 years old live in it. Seniors have the ability to communicate with younger ones and vice versa.
The school is very anxious about the sports education of its students and offers various sports: tennis, horse riding, soccer, golf, fencing, judo, rugby and others. At leisure, the girl will also not be left idle, at the school there are many circles to choose from. So, they can go to yoga or play chess, go to ballet or dance in the style of jazz.
£8,450 - £10,250 per semester (depending on class).
There are 3 semesters in the school year.
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
- Guardianship (as required by British law)
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (not all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, treat them with caution, trust only a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
- Selection of guardians required by UK law.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc.
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).