Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Bishopstrow College is a private boarding school for children planning to study at the best schools, but for whom English is not their native language. The college was founded in 2006 and aims to prepare children for admission to rating boarding schools in the UK.
The college is located in the town of Bishopstrow in the southwest of England, in a beautiful green countryside near the cities of London, Oxford and Bath. This is the best place for children from other countries to learn and live away from home.
Studying in college makes the transition from any educational system to the British one painless and smooth. Training lasts from 1 to 4 semesters. All programs include intensive English classes, as well as the study of school subjects in accordance with the age and ability of the child to study material in English.
Studying at Bishopstrow College allows you to:
- Improve your English proficiency through intensive study.
- Get experience at a UK boarding school.
- Successfully pass the entrance tests to private schools in the UK and the Cambridge ESOL exams, including KET (basic English test), PET (preliminary English test) FCE (first Cambridge certificate).
- Prepare for study in the British educational system by completing courses for elementary, secondary or high school or by completing a one-year program to obtain the IGSCE certificate (incomplete secondary education), necessary for further education in the UK.
DATES OF SEMESTERS
Bishopstrow College has 4 semesters in the school year, including an extra summer term. You can come for any number of semesters:
Academic year 2022/2023:
September 19 - December 9, 2022
January 2 - March 17, 2023
March 27 - June 9, 2023
June 19 - August 25, 2023
DIRECTOR (stand 2022)
Stuart Nicholson, Education - University of Oxford, Master's degree in Economics and Management; Cambridge University, postgraduate certificate with the right to carry out teaching activities; University of Edinburgh, MBA degree.
- Bishopstrow College is accredited by the British Council for Teaching English as a Foreign Language. The college received 13 excellent grades (out of 15 possible), this is the fourth result from 700 schools and colleges accredited by the British Council. The Bishopstrow College International Learning Centre has also been praised.
- A quiet, comfortable and safe place to educate children, located in the English countryside.
- Small classes (maximum 8 people) provide individual attention to each student.
- Intensive English language training and excellent preparation for exams, conducted by highly qualified and talented teachers.
- Individualized curriculum for each child.
- Teachers help prepare for exams and interview at your chosen school.
- The college does not have a strict requirement that students undergo training in the allotted time, you can stay here as much time as you need in order to reach the required level for entering a boarding school.
Junior college programme (7-11 years old) и Middle college programme (11-14 years old)
The Junior College Programme consists of intensive English language tuition and academic study for Prep School or 11+ Senior School entry.
The Middle College Programme consists of intensive English language tuition and academic study for 13+Senior School entry.
Daily sports and activities, together with a full weekend schedule ensure that students are fully prepared for boarding school life. This is suitable for international students who wish to
improve their English, whilst following a traditional programme of academic subjects.
SUBJECTS STUDIED: English, Mathematics, Science, Creative Arts, Geography, History and PSHE.
MINIMUM ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEVEL: Basic user.
COURSE LENGTH: 1, 2, 3 or 4 terms
Pre-IGCSE (14-17 years old)
The Pre-IGCSE/IGCSE Programme consists of intensive English language tuition and academic study for Senior School entry, including preparation for I/GCSE courses, A Levels and the International Baccalaureate. Daily sports and activities, together with a full weekend schedule ensure that students are fully prepared for boarding school life.
This is suitable for international students who wish to improve their English, whilst following a traditional programme of academic subjects.
SUBJECTS STUDIED: English, Mathematics, Science, Business Studies, Global Perspectives, History and PSHE.
MINIMUM ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEVEL: Basic user.
COURSE LENGTH: 1, 2, 3 or 4 terms.
IGCSE (15-17 years old)
The 1 Year IGCSE Programme offers a range of subjects leading up to 8 examinable subjects and is an excellent preparation for international students before they begin their A Level studies or the IB Diploma Programme. This is suitable for international students who wish to complete the IGCSE examinations in just one year.
SUBJECTS STUDIED: English as a Second Language, Mathematics, Additional Mathematics (for more able mathematicians), Science – Single or Double Award, Business Studies, History,
Global Perspectives (not examined) and PSHE (not examined).
COURSE LENGTH: 3 terms (September entry).
Living in a residence on the school grounds in one of three houses. Boys and girls live separately. The residences have created excellent conditions for relaxing after school hours. Each house has an equipped kitchen, lounges with comfortable sofas, where the guys get together and chat. There is a large-screen TV, table tennis, piano and drum kit. The residence has a computer class and a library where you can study and complete school tasks.
The child will engage in a dispute under a specially designed program, which will be a wonderful addition to academic studies. The program was developed by a highly professional team of college teachers and is designed to improve the athletic achievements of students. Sports activities take place 6 days a week.
Sport develops such important qualities for the future career of young people as the ability to play in a team, adopt certain rules, the ability to lose with dignity and remain calm under pressure from circumstances.
Children can enjoy traditional English sports, including cricket and rugby. You can also engage in the following sports: football, netball, tennis, hockey, swimming, softball, cross-country running, athletics, basketball, badminton and much more.
In addition to studying, students can take part in various extracurricular activities. Additional classes will help to acquire a lot of new useful knowledge and develop skills that will be useful in life. Classes are held 4 days a week, from 5 to 6 pm. Children in secondary and high schools are also offered classes on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in the evening.
- Arts and crafts
- Building rafts
- Extreme tourism
- Intelligent team games
- And much more
Every Sunday there are excursions to the cultural attractions of the UK, where students can visit Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Winchester Cathedral and many other places.
ENTRY TO UK SCHOOLS
Schools for graduates.
Graduates of Bishopstrow College continue their studies at the best schools, most of them go to UK boarding schools:
- Badminton school
- Bedford school
- Box hill school
- Cardiff Sixth Form College
- Cheltenham college
- Ellesmere college
- Gordonstoun school
- Hurtwood house
- Kingham hill school
- Leighton park school
- Millfield school
- Mill hill school
- Oakham school
- Oundle school
- Royal Russell School
- St. Edward's School, Oxford
- Strathallan school
- Windlesham house school
- Woldingham school
7-11 years - £11,100 per semester
11-14 years - £12,900 per semester
14-17 years - £14,300 per semester
There are 4 semesters in the school year.
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Registration fee - £150
- Refundable deposit -£5,000
- Training materials - £50 - £300
- School uniform - £250
- Exam fee - £140 for 1 exam
- Pocket money
- Additional individual lessons (golf, horse riding, music lessons)
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
- Guardianship (as required by British law)
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (far from all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, they are cautious, trust only a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
- Selection of guardians required by UK law.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc. etc.
FEEDBACK ON WORK WITH PARADISE COMPANY
Owner of Bishopstrow College
Other educational institutions
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).