Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Age: 12-17 years old.
Dates: July 10 - August 21, 2022.
Duration - 2, 3, 4, 6 weeks.
Millfield School was founded in 1935 and today is one of the most prestigious and largest private schools in the UK.
The school is located in the amazingly beautiful area of the county of Somerset - in the city of Street, 2 hours from London and has a huge private territory of about 50 hectares. The school is located in picturesque countryside near the historic town of Glastonbury and the ancient city of Bath, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Summer courses offer young people a good summer. Millfield School makes it possible to significantly improve your English, prepare for exams and study at school or university, and improve your sports and creative achievements.
- Great location in beautiful countryside.
- An atmosphere of calm and security throughout your stay at school.
- Excellent school equipment.
- Comfortable living conditions.
- Small classes - maximum 12 people.
- Classes are taught by professional teachers who are qualified to teach English as a foreign language.
- Various additional programs for in-depth study of the language.
- A huge number of additional classes will allow any child to spend free time actively and with benefit.
- The international composition of the camp makes it possible to practice spoken English in a lively informal atmosphere.
The school territory has a huge amount of resources for recreation and effective training, sports and creativity:
- Centre for art and design with the latest equipment
- Math centre
- Computer and language lab
- Great library
- Science lab
- 50-meter Olympic swimming pool
- 3 artificial ice hockey rinks
- First-class riding centre
- Fitness centre
- Athletic arena
- 3 indoor tennis courts
- 3 grass courts
- 9 gravel courts
- 12 courts with artificial turf
- Golf course
- 6 squash courts
- 2 gyms
- Dance studio
- Music school
- Concert hall with 350 seats
- School theatre with 500 seats
- Round-the-clock medical centre
15 hours of English per week. Classes are held in small groups in the morning, from 9:00 to 12:30. Classes are taught by professional teachers. In order for students to be able to learn different styles and teaching methods, classes are always taught by two teachers.
Lessons are held Monday through Saturday, except Wednesday (this day is reserved for excursions). In the first lesson, all students write a test, according to the results of which they are divided into groups according to the level of English, age, gender and nationality. At the end of the course, a certificate is issued.
In addition to the main classes, in the daytime you can choose additional English classes according to the in-depth program:
- Preparation for Cambridge exams (duration - 3 weeks). For training, preliminary preparation is required in a full course (in the country of residence). At the end of the course, an exam is taken.
- Academic English. The program is for children aged 12-17. The minimum level of English is B1 and above. A course designed to prepare students for academic study in England. The students will study mathematics, English, geography, history and natural sciences. They also improve critical thinking, taking notes, time management, presentation skills, essay writing and reading skills.
- “Young Leaders.” Program for children 14+ with a high level of English. Includes debates, discussions and team exercises, ideal for children interested in world events. An example of the topics discussed: leadership, poverty, tolerance, global warming, human rights, our future, etc.
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
Accommodation in a school residence in one of 12 comfortable houses, in single and double rooms. The bathroom is on the floor. Boys and girls live separately. All residences are equipped with modern appliances and furniture, there is a common lounge with a TV, DVD, games, as well as a kitchen where you can prepare light snacks. Each house has a coordinator who looks after the children, monitors their health and ensures the most comfortable stay in the residence.
Meals in the school cafeteria. There is always a large selection of dishes, including for those students who follow a vegetarian or other diet.
In the afternoon, children can take part in various sports events: football, swimming, aerobics, hockey, fitness, rock climbing, yoga, frisbee and much more.
Millfield School has excellent sports equipment that allows students to offer classes for almost any sport. There are many Sports Academies in the school where classes are taught at a serious professional level. Children learn various techniques and tactics of the game and significantly increase the level of sports training. The training is conducted by professional trainers who make up the training program and help to achieve visible success even during a short time in the summer school. Classes are held in the afternoon, after English lessons.
- Swimming Academy
- Athletics Academy
- Badminton Academy
- Basketball Academy
- Fencing Academy
- Football Academy
- Golf Academy
- Hockey Academy
- Academy of martial arts
- Riding Academy
- Rugby Academy
- Squash Academy
- Tennis Academy
- Volleyball Academy
Many classes suggest that students have basic training in a particular sport.
After lessons, children can take part in various interest clubs: theatre, bracelets, posters, chess, the Internet, personal care and much more.
ACADEMIES OF ARTS
The school has excellent conditions for creative and developing activities under the guidance of professional and experienced teachers. Classes are held in the afternoon, after English lessons.
- Chess Academy
- Academy of Classical Music
- Academy of Culinary Arts
- Dance Academy
- Theatre Academy
- Fashion Academy
- Etiquette Academy
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts
- Academy of Modern Art
- Academy of Journalism
- Academy of body and soul (art of relaxation)
- Academy of Music
- DJing Academy
- Academy of Musical Theatre
- Academy of Photography
- Academy of Photography
- Rock Academy
- UK Academy
- Academy of Young Leaders
- Academy of travellers
- Academy of programming
In the evenings, a special entertainment program is available. You can get to know each other better and chat with guys from other countries, practice English in an informal setting. This is a great opportunity to make friends from all over the world and just have a good time in a friendly company.
The following events are held:
- International evening
- Funny Games
- Competition "Mr. and Mrs. Millfield"
- Talent show
- Karaoke evening
- Game of puzzles ("Quiz")
- Mini Athletics
- The musical Millfield
- much more.
Excursions can be called learning English outside the classroom. They are cultural, entertaining and educational. In addition, during excursions you can additionally practice speaking. Teachers try to include knowledge and impressions gained by children on excursions in the lesson program.
During the excursions, the children are accompanied by school staff, so the children are always under close supervision and in complete safety.
The program includes:
- 1 excursion per week for a full day (conducted on Wednesdays)
- 1 half-day excursion per week
Examples of excursions:
- Amusement parks
- Travel on the seashore
- Visits to castles and museums
- Visit to the Zoo in Bristol
- Sightseeing trips around the cities of Great Britain: Oxford, Bath, Bristol
8:00 - Wake up and Breakfast
9:00-10:00 - English language
10:15-11:15 - English language
11:30-12:30 - English language
12:30-13:30 - Lunch
13:30-16:00 - На выбор учеников: дополнительный английский, спорт, Академии
16:30-18:00 - Activities and clubs
18:30-19:30 - Dinner
20:00-22:00 - Entertainment program (disco, barbecue, talent shows, karaoke, international nights, etc.)
22:30 - Lights out
2 weeks - £2,850
3 weeks - £4,085
4 weeks - £5,130
6 weeks - £7,400
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Educational materials
- Excursions and leisure activities
- Classes at some academies
- Transfers from and to the airport
- Educational company services
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COMPANIES
- We operate since 1996
- Choose camps with a minimum number of Russian speakers
- We place children only in camps which provides good accommodation
- Conducted a personal inspection of almost all the schools that we offer
- We do not work with the mass segment, only camps for discerning customers
- You can call us 24/7
- We inform you about the particularities of each course
- What customers appreciate us for
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).