Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Film academy (Oxford Royale Academy)
Age: 13-15 years old, 16-18 years old.
Dates, 2023: July 2-15, July 16-29,
Film Academy is a two-week film course that studies the entire production process: from the original idea to the final film. Children learn how to plan a shoot, look for a place, make a storyboard, write a script, and then shoot and edit a short feature or documentary.
The course teaches the specific skills necessary to be a director, producer, cameraman or editor. Pupils also have the opportunity to work with actors and industry professionals, which allows them to get a first-hand view of the world of film production. The guys will try themselves in different roles on the set and better learn about various aspects of the film production process.
At the end of the course, students:
- Learn to work with professional equipment and software for making films.
- Try yourself in different roles on the set: from director to cameraman.
- Create their own short film in small groups.
- Get inspired by visiting many of the places where famous films were made: Harry Potter, X-Men and Golden Compass.
Oxford is a city that combines strikingly beautiful architecture with a bustling modern centre with superb shops, restaurants and cafes. The city is steeped in history and saturated with academic spirit, because there are many colleges at Oxford University, some of them are almost 800 years old!
Pupils of the Oxford Royale summer courses have a unique opportunity to live and study in this amazing city, explore all its famous sights and unravel its secrets. Thanks to superbly organized trips and a rich evening program of activities, students will get to know all the best that Oxford has to offer.
Children stroll along the cobbled streets, admire the spiers and stone buildings, walk in the footsteps of the most influential figures in history, including prime ministers, presidents, scientists, Nobel laureates and writers.
- Maximum 12 people in the class and 6 people in the movie making groups.
- Access to specialized equipment: an HD movie camera, Apple Mac computers with Final Cut Pro movie editing software.
- Lectures are conducted by professionals in this field.
- Graduation consists of the premiere of his own film.
The program is as applied as possible. The 2-week course includes 40 hours of lectures and seminars. From the first day, children learn to use professional digital video cameras. The teachers of the course are recognized industry professionals with a great passion for making films.
During this intensive course, students will spend their morning attending film theory classes. In the afternoon, they will take to the streets of the city under the guidance of teachers to make their own film.
The work takes place in small groups (6 people each) using the latest HD video cameras, professional microphones and lighting equipment. After the film is shot, the guys learn to mount it on an Apple Mac in the latest versions of the professional program Final Cut Pro.
Children will present their work to classmates at the end of the program.
Students live on the campuses of Oxford University: Jowett Walk and St Peter's College (13-15 years); Balliol College, Imperial College and Jowett Walk (16-18 years old), in single and double rooms. Bathrooms are typically shared by students of the same gender, although private baths are available in some cases. Accommodation is standard accommodation for university students, so course participants will be able to feel the life of a real Oxford student.
Fencing, Zumba, archery, tennis, rounders, football, basketball, softball, cricket, table tennis, cricket, salsa.
In the evenings, a special team organizes entertainment events: quizzes, watching movies, karaoke and talent shows! During the course, 2 large theme parties take place: one in the middle of the course, the second is a grand graduation evening. Examples of party themes: Narnia, Alice in Wonderland, James Bond, circus and many others.
- Visits to museums that are within walking distance of campuses: Oxford University Museum of Natural History, Fitzwilliam Museum of Arts and History, Scott Polar Research Institute, Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences and many others.
- City tours. One of the best ways to see the city is with a walking tour led by an expert on culture and history. Students will have the opportunity to get acquainted with the sights and history of the city and the university, tours are complemented by funny jokes about the life of Oxford. In addition to the colleges where students will live, they will also be able to visit other beautiful historical colleges and enjoy their stunning architecture and history.
SAMPLE SCHEDULE OF THE DAY
7:30 - Breakfast
9:00 - Lesson
10:30 - Break
11:00 - Lesson
12:30 - Lunch
13:30 - Lesson / Activities
16:00 - Activities / City tour / Master classes / Lectures of invited teachers
18:00 - Lunch
19:30 - Evening activities
22:30 – Lights out
£5,995 for 2 weeks.
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- All sports, recreational activities and excursions
- Transfers from and to the airport
- Services of an educational company
WHY OXFORD ROYALE ACADEMY?
The Oxford Royale Academy (Royal Academy of Oxford) is a market leader in high-quality summer programs at Oxford. And these are not just words: many awards received by the Academy confirm the commitment to high standards of education, service and safety.
- Royal Entrepreneurship Award 2019. The Academy received the same award in 2012 and 2016. This is the most prestigious award for businessmen in the UK. The Academy was honoured to receive an award from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The victory in the International Trade category is the result of an ever-increasing number of students from other countries studying at the Academy.
- The British Educational Travel Association (BETA) awarded the Academy an award in the category "Best Educational Project in the Field of Youth Travel" in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015. And in 2017, the Academy won the main award - “The Best Educational Project”. The award is awarded to successful youth, student and educational travel companies. Victory is a clear indicator of the Academy's desire to provide young people with the opportunity to gain an unforgettable learning experience.
- In 2016, the Academy received an award from the Investing in Education magazine in the Export Excellence category. This is an unconditional recognition of the high quality of Oxford Academy's international educational services.
SEVEN REASONS TO CHOOSE OXFORD ROYALE ACADEMY
- Full immersion in college life. Oxford Royale Academy students’ study, eat, and sleep at Oxford University College — just like university students. This provides an exceptional opportunity to experience the mesmerizing college student life.
- Accommodation in a 17th-century manor or in the best UK boarding school. Students have the exclusive opportunity to live and study in magnificent historic estates or in superbly equipped schools with better living conditions.
- Highest award for British businessmen. In 2012, 2016 and 2019, the Academy received the Royal Entrepreneurship Award. This is the highest award that can be awarded to a company in the UK - proof of the uncompromising excellence of studying at the Academy.
- Highly qualified teaching staff. Oxford Royale Academy students are taught by professors of the highest status, many of whom have studied at Oxford University or currently work there. Teachers are deeply interested in developing students' visions of new perspectives and helping to realize their educational potential.
- Students from all over the world study at the Academy. Last year, students from 150 countries attended the Academy. Summer school is an exceptional opportunity to make friends from all over the world.
- A delightful cultural and entertainment program as a complement to learning. Summer educational courses are complemented by a carefully selected schedule of diverse activities. Their goal is to give students the opportunity to have fun and get the most out of their studies at Oxford. The list includes classic Oxford events: boating with a pole and croquet.
- Visiting attractions. All programs include bus excursions to spectacular sights including Stonehenge, Warwick Castle and Blenheim Palace, which is one of the most magnificent buildings in the world.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COMPANIES
- We operate since 1996
- Choose camps with a minimum number of Russian speakers
- We place children only in camps which provides good accommodation
- Conducted a personal inspection of almost all the schools that we offer
- We do not work with the mass segment, only camps for discerning customers
- You can call us 24/7
- We inform you about the particularities of each course
- What customers appreciate us for
Other educational institutions
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).