Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
St. Gilgen International School
The prestigious international boarding school is located in the small town of St. Gilgen, on the lake, surrounded by Alpine mountains. The school was founded in 2008. A beautiful and large campus of the educational institution is located in a park area right on the lake. Previously, the family of the famous composer Mozart lived here.
The school offers a modern high-level education aimed at obtaining an international diploma, International Baccalaureate (IB), with which the doors are open for graduates to prestigious universities in Europe and around the world. St. Gilgen International School is a member of the European Council of International Schools and the Swiss Group of International Schools. The school program is approved by the Austrian Ministry of Education.
The school's motto: "Healthy body, healthy mind". It is these components that underlie the teaching methodology of the institution.
About 200 students’ study at the school.
DIRECTOR (stand 2020)
Martina Moetz, education - certified teacher (Strebersdorf Pedagogical Academy); University of Northern Iowa, USA (Master in Spanish Literature); Bath University, UK (Master of Education).
- The school prepares for admission to various universities in the world, as well as to Austrian universities, where teaching is almost FREE.
- A maximum of 250 students are enrolled in a school.
- The school is managed by a foundation consisting of a group of parents and is a non-profit enterprise.
- The goal of the school is to preserve small classes that provide personal attention to each student and give the best learning results.
- The school has a very strong team of professional sports trainers: for basketball (the coach previously worked at the NBA), for football, for golf, for horseback riding (coach - national champion in this sport) and for mountaineering (the coach drove teams to the highest peak of Mont Blanc).
- The school curriculum is highly demanding.
- Teaching is conducted in English, in addition you can study Italian, German, French.
- A small number of students in the classroom.
- An opportunity to master various sports at a very high level.
The school has created excellent conditions for learning, recreation and sports development of students. The campus consists of 5 educational buildings and 4 residences. On the school campus there are: a superbly equipped library, a media centre and an art centre equipped with modern technologies, scientific laboratories, a yacht club, tennis courts, basketball courts and playgrounds for various sports.
Climbing facilities, a gymnasium and a swimming pool, riding and skiing platforms are located near the campus. The school has its own cinema and theatre, a boat station on the lake (sailing lessons are held there in the summer), a modern sports complex, and a shop. Wherever the student is on campus, he has a magnificent view of the mountains surrounding St. Gilgen - it is on these slopes that the children ride in winter during snowboard and ski lessons.
Junior and high school
Students pursue a program approved by the Austrian Ministry of Education /
International Baccalaureate (IB)
The International Baccalaureate program is a comprehensive preparatory course for admission to universities. The program is aimed not only at obtaining academic knowledge, but also at developing the personality of the student, his thinking and horizons. The IB curriculum includes a number of academic subjects.
The curriculum provides for the study of six subjects. Three subjects are studied in depth and three more at the usual level. In addition to this, three additional disciplines are studied: an extended essay, the theory of knowledge and CAS (creativity, activity and mutual assistance).
Particular attention in the course is paid to the study of contemporary world problems and attempts to resolve conflicts; in the classroom, analysis and analysis of world events takes place.
The list of universities where graduates entered the school includes:
- Harvard University
- Oxford University
- New York University
- University College London
- University of London
- University of Glasgow
- University of Bath
- Medical University of Graz
- New College of the Humanities London
- Parsons School of Design - New York
- Florida State University
- Boconi University
- American University in Paris
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences - Universität für Bodenkultur Wien
- Vienna University
- University of Amsterdam
- IE University
- Northwestern University
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
St Gilgen International School has four residences, each of which has its own style and character. Some residences have a cosy view of a nice country house decorated with wood panelling, while other residences have a modern setting. In each residence, mentors live with the students - they create the atmosphere of the home, help students in their daily worries, and support them. Students live 2 people in a room, each room has its own bathroom.
Students are offered various sports depending on the season: sailing, swimming, rowing, skiing, snowboarding, football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, golf, horse riding, yoga and many others.
Students can make music, including classical and jazz. Students regularly attend contemporary concerts outside the school, and hone their skills in the classroom under the guidance of experienced and inspiring teachers.
Students can attend art classes. They take place in a large, bright and specially equipped classroom with the latest computers and software. The curriculum includes design classes. Pupils can also master media technologies, create projects. At the end of each semester, reporting exhibitions with student work are held.
One of the most exciting activities available to students is classes in a theatre studio. Regular performances are part of school cultural life. Classical and contemporary pieces are staged at the school theatre. Pupils have the opportunity to study not only at school, but also attend master classes in professional theatre studios.
On weekends and every Wednesday afternoon, students have the opportunity to ride the slopes. Winter sports (skiing, snowshoeing, sleigh rides, and sometimes ice climbing) are included in the school fee, and absolutely all students can practice them, regardless of their abilities.
On weekends, trips to nearby cities to watch ski races. Students can visit art galleries in Munich.
Outdoor education program
A special program for active young people who love sports and an active lifestyle. Students with the help of a trainer will be able to set goals, plan their achievement and constantly monitor their progress. The program will create a healthy lifestyle for young people.
With this program, children will be able to better understand their strengths and weaknesses, achieve greater independence and self-confidence, learn how to assess risks and achieve their goals.
Absolutely everyone can study on the program, regardless of the initial training. All classes are taught by professional instructors with international qualifications; all classes provide the necessary safety measures. Classes are held on weekends and will not distract from basic studies.
- Skiing (various skiing styles are studied, including virgin snow)
- Tourism and expeditions
- Mountain bike (long trips or night trips)
- Mountain climbing
- Rock climbing
- Water skiing
€52,500 - €59,000 per year.
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- All sports and cultural events, including training under the Outdoor Education Program
- School trips
- Registration fee - €250
- Admission Fee - €2,500
- Deposit - €10,000
- School uniform
- Individual training
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
ATTENTION! You pay the bills issued by the school directly to the school!
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE:
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (not all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, treat them with caution, trust only a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc.
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).