Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Amadeus International School Vienna
Amadeus International School is located in a green park area in one of Vienna's most prestigious residential areas, just 20 minutes from the historic city centre and 40 minutes from the airport. The school is unique in that the English-language academic program is combined with a program for teaching music and art.
Pupils have a unique opportunity to learn and live in a city famous for its history, culture and quality of life. Vienna is one of the greenest and safest cities in Europe. It is the centre of musical and artistic life. Many architectural, historical and cultural monuments make Vienna one of the most significant cities in the field of world culture.
The school is designed to instil in children a worldview based on intercultural understanding, openness and respect for others. The motto of the school is the words of Nelson Mandela: "Education is the most powerful weapon that we can use in order to change the world."
Three whales of Amadeus International School:
- international school
- music and art
- excellent living conditions
DIRECTOR (stand 2020)
Jeremy House, Education - University College London, doctoral degree, MBA degree.
- Teaching is in English.
- The school seeks to support students' talents in study, music and art. The goal of the school is the development of creative, inquisitive and caring thinkers.
- This is the only school that combines IB with music and art.
- Amadeus is an international school that brings together different cultures, languages and values - an ideal environment to learn and grow. Representatives of 53 nationalities study here.
- The Musical Academy works for musically gifted children, which is ideal for those who plan to build a professional musical career. The program of classes is compiled individually for each student.
- On average, there are only 15 students in a class.
- The ratio of teacher: student - 1: 6
Amadeus International School is located in a calm and safe place. School buildings were built between 1908 and 1910. The school building itself is part of a breath-taking ensemble of six historical pavilions.
The school has modern classrooms with smart boards, a specially built scientific block, libraries, a sports hall, a concert hall, rehearsal rooms, recording studios, halls for musical practical classes, a ballet studio, a theatre hall, a fine arts studio, a spacious residence with bathrooms, lounge for students and cafeteria. The school has WI-FI.
The high school program is divided into two parts:
IB middle years (11-16 years, classes 6-10)
General subjects are being studied.
IB diploma programme (16-18 years, classes 11-12)
Students choose 6 subjects for study - 3 at the standard level (4 lessons per week) and 3 at the advanced level (6 lessons per week).
The IB program also includes three components:
- Extended essay - an independent research project where students conduct an in-depth study of an interesting subject and topic.
- The theory of knowledge is an interdisciplinary subject that studies the nature of knowledge and exchanges views on various issues.
- Creativity, action, mutual assistance - the main component of the IB program, requiring students to complete creative tasks and community projects outside the classroom
MUSIC AND ART
A key part of the curriculum is music and art classes. Pupils receive tremendous opportunities for the development of talents, can find their strengths, gain additional expert knowledge in the artistic fields and, most importantly, grow as a person. The school welcomes students of all artistic inclinations, levels and talents.
The program includes 6 compulsory classes per week. This includes: techniques for speaking to the audience, career training, music theory, training and development of hearing, music production, art management, musical theatre, visual arts.
For talented young people who seek a professional musical career, the School of Music Academy Amadeus operates. The Academy provides students with a complete musical education.
Admission to the Academy is based on listening. After admission, students work together with internationally recognized instructors, attend master classes by leading educators in the world and improve their abilities. They also take part in concerts outside the school campus. An individual lesson plan is prepared for each student.
At the end of each semester, students of the Academy make a reporting concert in front of a professional jury. Such an experience helps to better prepare for real auditions and university entrance requirements.
List of universities where school graduates go:
- Berklee College of Music (USA)
- Carleton College (USA)
- Northwestern University (USA)
- University of Washington (USA)
- University of Washington (USA)
- Webster University (USA)
- McGill University (Canada)
- Queens University (Canada)
- Brunel University London (Great Britain)
- King’s College London (UK)
- Leeds Beckett University (Great Britain)
- London Metropolitan University (United Kingdom)
- Australian National University (Australia)
- Bond University (Australia)
- National University Canberra (Australia)
- IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems (Austria)
- Kunstuniverstät Graz (Austria)
- Musik und Kunst Privätuniversitat der Stadt Wien (Austria)
- Universität für Musik und Darstellende Kunst Wien (Austria)
- Bocconi University Milan (Italy)
- Medical University of Warsaw (Poland)
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
Accommodation in a residence in the same building as the school itself. Boys and girls live in different sections, in double rooms. Recently, the rooms were renovated, they are completely updated and now comply with the latest standards. Each student has his own individual workspace, personal locker for things. The rooms have a bathroom and toilet. The residence has WI-FI. Rooms are cleaned every other day.
The residence has a large lounge with very comfortable armchairs, a library and a reading place. In the living room for students is available foosball, ping pong, oversized TV, Apple TV, DVD, game console and cable TV.
Meals in the school cafeteria, three meals a day plus two snacks. All food is prepared by the chef, many international dishes are offered. There is a special menu for different diets.
Volleyball, beach volleyball, basketball, football, rugby, running, tennis, badminton, karate, taekwondo, yoga, swimming, rowing, ice skating.
The extracurricular activities program offers students great opportunities to spend their free time interestingly. They include music and art, sports, seminars, international projects and competitions. The program is coordinated and managed by school staff or qualified guest trainers and teachers.
Extracurricular activities support the creative concept of the school and provide opportunities for growth in various fields.
The program of classes includes:
- Music lessons (individually or in a small group)
- Musical ensembles: choir, jazz, pop and rock bands, vocals
- Workshops: jazz, pop, DJing, producing, musical theatre, theatre and music playing techniques
- Dance clubs: ballet, modern, expression of emotions through dance
- Theatre and theatre production
- visual arts
- Cooking and pastry workshops
- Math Club
- Information Technology Club
- Cinema club
- Creating a school yearbook
On weekends, students are offered a program of interesting and informative excursions:
- Schönbrunn Palace, Belvedere Palace, Hofburg Palace, Spanish Riding School, St. Stephen's Cathedral, Austrian Parliament, Vienna City Hall
- Museums and art galleries, theatre, musicals, concerts, opera
- Schönbrunn Zoo, Amusement Park, Danube Islands, Vienna Woods
- Shopping, movies, bowling
- Lunch or dinner in restaurants
- Overnight in the countryside
€46,470 – €51,000 per year.
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Entertainment in the evenings and weekends
- Registration fee - €300
- Entrance fee - €4,000
- Development Fund - €4,000
- Deposit - €1,500
- School uniform - €600 per year
- Medical insurance
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
ATTENTION! You pay the bills issued by the school directly to the school!
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE:
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (not all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, treat them with caution, trust only a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc.
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).