Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Sotogrande International School
Sotogrande International School was founded in 1978 for Spanish children who would like to immerse themselves in the British education system while being in their native country. After some time, the school has become international, and now representatives of 45 nationalities are studying here: 35% are Spaniards, 30% are British, 8% are Russians, 4% are Germans.
The school is located in Andalusia, a vibrant tourist area of Spain. This is one of the most beautiful places on the famous Costa del Sol resort coast. The most convenient way to get to the school is from the airports of Malaga (90 km) and Gibraltar (20 km).
Located on the picturesque coast, the school will be an excellent choice for students who want to combine study with cognitive and beach holidays in Spain.
DIRECTOR (stand 2022)
- Teaching is in English, but almost all students learn Spanish to experience the spirit of Spain and its rich culture.
- The school values the individuality and abilities of each student, and also believes that education has unlimited possibilities in order to change the world.
- High academic performance: many graduates enter the top-rated universities in the world. This reflects a very strong curriculum where each student can achieve maximum results.
- Sotogrande International School - a high-tech school that successfully implements information technology in the educational process. This is one of three schools in Spain certified by Apple.
- The school is located next to luxury shopping centres.
- Complete safety - children are supervised around the clock.
- Excellent sports equipment: 6 golf courses, 3 of which are the best in Europe, 11 first-class polo fields, a riding centre.
- Professional golf and soccer training.
The school area is a large estate with the most first-class equipment for study and sports. School buildings are connected to each other by paths and grass fields, the campus is surrounded by trees, there is a lot of greenery.
Excellent facilities: two computer laboratories, a multimedia library, a music school, an art studio and a fully equipped theatre. The school is highly technological: the classes are equipped with projectors, interactive whiteboards, plasmas and Apple MacBook Pro computers. All high school students are given laptops.
Sports equipment: 25-meter swimming pool, a huge multi-functional sports hall, football and basketball courts with hard surface, all-weather sports fields and a running track. The school collaborates with local sports clubs where students can practice golf, tennis, horse riding, polo and water sports.
The campus has a cafeteria and a dining room. Recently, the school acquired its own 4-star hotel, where children studying on the basis of the boarding school live.
High School (11-16 years old)
Children study common subjects, and gradually realize that they like more and what sciences they gravitate to. The high school program does not only imply the acquisition of knowledge, but also teaches how to apply it. Particular importance is given to sociability, the correct formation of speech, the ability to express one’s thoughts verbally and in writing. Students learn at least two foreign languages,
The emphasis is on the development of critical thinking, an indifferent attitude to events in the world, as well as on the connection of theoretical education with the applied sphere. Current global issues are being studied, such as human rights, climate change and the problem of identity.
All students study a number of subjects, which significantly increases the freedom and awareness of choice during further education.
IB (16-18 years old)
The course of preparation for the university is designed for 2 years. An International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma, which is issued upon completion, is an entrance ticket to any university in the USA and Europe.
6 subjects are studied, 3 at the advanced level and 3 at the standard level. As a rule, at an advanced level, those subjects are studied that reflect the interests of each student and his chosen specialty at the university.
In addition to subjects, all students must take additional courses:
- Theory of knowledge. A course that develops critical thinking, listening to others, and understanding knowledge as such. Issues such as: what is knowledge, what is its value, what are its limitations, are sorted out.
- Creativity, action and mutual assistance. The course that shapes modern residents of the global world, who are partial and enthusiastic.
- Extended essay. Own research project on a selected topic.
A two-year university preparatory program. Pupils choose 4 or 5 subjects. Each subject is studied 5 hours a week.
American High School Diploma
At the end of the program, students receive a diploma of secondary education, which is valid for admission to universities in Canada and the United States. The program is aimed at boys planning further studies at colleges, universities and business schools in these countries. The content of the program is based strictly on the requirements for admission to universities in Canada and the United States.
Residence in a former 4-star hotel, which is now owned by the school. It has a safe, comfortable and friendly atmosphere. On the territory there is WI-FI.
The residence is designed for 150 people. Pupils live in spacious double rooms with air conditioning, each room has a bathroom and toilet. In the residence, students have at their disposal a large outdoor pool, a gym, a dance studio, a study room, a music room for rehearsals, a student kitchen, a relaxation room with a TV. Plenty of room for sports, including a basketball court.
Sport plays a significant role in school life. Sports are held both within the curriculum, and as a hobby and additional classes. The excellent climate and excellent location of the school make sports attractive and affordable throughout the school year.
It all depends on the student’s desire: you can play sports at a professional level, try a rare and unusual sport - the school will do everything for the student to get what he wants. You can practice football, basketball, swimming, tennis, water polo, fencing, horse riding, scuba diving, cricket, judo, dancing, windsurfing, yoga and much more.
The school has a golf academy, which trains real professional athletes who win international competitions. Andalusia has 300 sunny days a year, which makes the school ideal for golfing.
Pupils train on a 36-hole field with magnificent views of the sea and the Strait of Gibraltar. Training is conducted by highly qualified trainers. Students in the classroom have the opportunity to play with first-class golfers and take part in professional competitions held in the best golf clubs in the country. This allows you to quickly progress and develop. The intensity of the training to choose a student: 2, 4, 8 hours a week.
In 2013, the football academy began to work, where each student, regardless of gender and age, gets the opportunity to develop their abilities in this sport. Classes are held both during school hours and after classes. The school football team takes part in competitions at the local and international level.
Extracurricular school life is extremely eventful.
The school department of art offers all enthusiastic children classes in painting, graphic design, textiles and many others. Students regularly exhibit their work on the school grounds, and also take part in the annual art exhibition. The school has close ties with the local art community. Famous international masters and experts often give lectures on art, and the school’s proximity to famous museums and art galleries allows students to visit them often. Students take part in the local competition of young artists and the international art competition Saatchi.
The school has a very developed theatrical life. There are regular shows and musicals created by the school theatre community. The school has long earned a professional reputation for its production of high-quality and ambitious shows.
Sotogrande International School is a member of ISTA (International School Theatre Organization). Students regularly travel to Europe, attend theatre workshops and perform at local festivals. In addition to playing on stage, the guys take part in creating costumes for performances, develop stage design, put on light and sound.
Music plays a very big role in the life of students. The school has a huge number of ensembles and groups in which children are happy to participate. There are constant concerts on the big stage, many students give small musical performances in the school café at lunchtime. Often there are master classes by visiting teachers and musicians.
Price on request.
- Transfers to / from the airport
- Services of the company "Paradise"
SERVICES OF THE EDUCATIONAL COMPANY INCLUDE:
- Selection of 5-6 schools that best meet the individual characteristics of the child, further goals, talents, with the desired environment. Help in the correct interpretation of school ratings, an explanation of why the school occupies one place or another. Help in obtaining reliable information about schools that are not included in the ratings, with an explanation of the reasons for non-participation in it.
- Admission to 1-3 schools, selected from the proposed. Which includes the preparation of the necessary documents, school reports, characteristics, recommendations. Selection and submission of tests to prepare the student for exam testing, assistance in preparing essays. Preparation for an interview with the teacher / principal, registration for the exam. The necessary list of recommendations when attending school for passing entrance examinations. Correspondence with the school (far from all schools enter into correspondence with foreign parents, they are cautious about them, trust only to a trusted agent).
- Assistance in paying registration fees, deposits, bills. Clarification of school rules, including disciplinary and legal aspects.
- Filling out the required medical forms.
Student supervision during the first month of training is provided as a gift: assistance in resolving issues related to resettlement, billing, informing parents about the child’s health status, assistance with understanding of academic programs, organization of ext. classes for the child in a particular subject, help in choosing the program most suitable for the child, transfer to another class, etc.
Other educational institutions
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).