Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Engineering course (Oxford Royale Academy)
Age: 13-15 years old, 16-18.
Dates, 2024: June 30 – July 13, July 14–27, July 28 – August 10.
A two-week course will give an idea of the possibilities of a future career in engineering, and for older students it will be an excellent preparation for entering the leading UK universities in engineering specialties.
The course will introduce students to the basics of engineering. The program goes far beyond what is usually studied at school and covers various branches of engineering. The children will study the problems facing a modern engineer, and explore some of the major unsolved problems that modern engineering faces.
At the end of the course, students:
- They will study the application of engineering solutions both for everyday problems and for more complex issues, such as renewable energy sources.
- Strengthen knowledge and understanding of the fundamental scientific theory underlying engineering, including mathematics and physics.
- Learn about opportunities for their future careers and fundamental specializations in the engineering industry.
- Get the skills necessary to successfully complete an interview when entering a university.
Oxford is a city that combines strikingly beautiful architecture with a bustling modern centre with superb shops, restaurants and cafes. The city is steeped in history and saturated with academic spirit, because there are many colleges at Oxford University, some of them are almost 800 years old!
Pupils of the Oxford Royale summer courses have a unique opportunity to live and study in this amazing city, explore all its famous sights and unravel its secrets. Thanks to superbly organized trips and a rich evening program of activities, students will get to know all the best that Oxford has to offer.
Children stroll along the cobbled streets, admire the spiers and stone buildings, walk in the footsteps of the most influential figures in history, including prime ministers, presidents, scientists, Nobel laureates and writers.
- Maximum 15 people per class.
- The course will help students understand which particular engineering industry they are most interested in. And also find out which universities offer the course that suits them best.
- Attending the course will give students an educational experience that they will be able to talk about when they enter the university, showing the admissions committee their self-motivation and enthusiasm for learning.
- In addition to the specific practical and technical skills that students will receive in the course, they will also acquire skills that are useful at school, university, and beyond. These are: teamwork, effective communication and spatial thinking.
- Students will work on their university application, and excellent Oxford Royale teachers will help you prepare your application in the best possible way and teach you how to properly conduct university interviews.
The course uses an applied approach in teaching. Students will test their understanding of theoretical concepts using practical tasks and methods for solving problems at the university level. Engineering is seen as an interdisciplinary subject that relies on scientific theory and mathematics to understand and develop technical solutions.
Program for 13-15 years old
The course covers a wide range of theories and concepts, including:
- Elementary theory in mathematics and physics (necessary for the engineering sciences).
- Manufacturing concepts, including the environment and safety in engineering and construction.
- The use of electro mechanics and circuit theory in electrical engineering.
- The interaction of logic and mathematics.
- Creative approaches to current and future problems in the field of biomedical and chemical engineering.
- Apply your skills in the “Mission to Mars Design Challenge”, where you will collaborate with your peers to propose engineering and technology solutions that will support the establishment of a colony on Mars.
Program for 16-18 years old
“Designing Tomorrow” provides you with an introduction to the emerging technology that is shaping the future. Providing a broad foundation into engineering principles and fields, it will inspire you to take on the future’s grand challenges from alternative energy to advanced robotics and beyond.
- Design tomorrow’s solutions through a comprehensive overview of the intersection of engineering, advanced robotics, and technology. Future facing and intellectually challenging, you will explore a wide range of engineering disciplines with specific applications in the fields of advanced robotics and technology.
- Step into the future as you visit emerging technology firms like Dogtooth, a global leader in smart, autonomous robotics and engage with thought leaders and futurists who are already designing tomorrow.
- Apply theoretical concepts and problem-solving methodologies to real-world challenges through the “Designing Tomorrow Capstone Project”. You will design, develop, and propose a technical innovation to a grand challenge that will enhance your team building, project management, data visualization, and presenting skills.
Students live on the campuses of Oxford University: children 16-18 years old - at University College and Yarnton Manor, children 13-15 years old - at Jowett Walk. Accommodation in single and double rooms. Bathrooms are typically shared by students of the same gender, although private baths are available in some cases. Accommodation is standard accommodation for university students, so course participants will be able to feel the life of a real Oxford student.
Fencing, Zumba, archery, tennis, rounders, football, basketball, softball, cricket, table tennis, cricket, salsa.
In the evenings, a special team organizes entertainment events: quizzes, watching movies, karaoke and talent shows! During the course, 2 large theme parties take place: one in the middle of the course, the second is a grand graduation evening. Examples of party themes: Narnia, Alice in Wonderland, James Bond, circus and many others.
- Visits to museums that are within walking distance of campuses: Oxford University Museum of Natural History, Fitzwilliam Museum of Arts and History, Scott Polar Research Institute, Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences and many others.
- City tours. One of the best ways to see the city is with a walking tour led by an expert on culture and history. Students will have the opportunity to get acquainted with the sights and history of the city and the university, tours are complemented by funny jokes about the life of Oxford. In addition to the colleges where students will live, they will also be able to visit other beautiful historical colleges and enjoy their stunning architecture and history.
SAMPLE SCHEDULE OF THE DAY
7:30 - Breakfast
9:00 - Lesson
10:30 - Break
11:00 - Lesson
12:30 - Lunch
13:30 - Lesson / Activities
16:00 - Activities / City tour / Master classes / Lectures of invited teachers
18:00 - Lunch
19:30 - Evening activities
22:30 – Lights out
£6,995 for 2 weeks.
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- All sports, recreational activities and excursions
- Transfers from and to the airport
- Services of our company
WHY OXFORD ROYALE ACADEMY?
The Oxford Royale Academy (Royal Academy of Oxford) is a market leader in high-quality summer programs at Oxford. And these are not just words: many awards received by the Academy confirm the commitment to high standards of education, service and safety.
Royal Entrepreneurship Award 2019. The Academy received the same award in 2012 and 2016. This is the most prestigious award for businessmen in the UK. The Academy was honoured to receive an award from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The victory in the International Trade category is the result of an ever-increasing number of students from other countries studying at the Academy.
- The British Educational Travel Association (BETA) awarded the Academy an award in the category "Best Educational Project in the Field of Youth Travel" in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015. And in 2017, the Academy won the main award - “The Best Educational Project”. The award is awarded to successful youth, student and educational travel companies. Victory is a clear indicator of the Academy's desire to provide young people with the opportunity to gain an unforgettable learning experience.
- In 2016, the Academy received an award from the Investing in Education magazine in the Export Excellence category. This is an unconditional recognition of the high quality of Oxford Academy's international educational services.
SEVEN REASONS TO CHOOSE OXFORD ROYALE ACADEMY
- Full immersion in college life. Oxford Royale Academy students’ study, eat, and sleep at Oxford University College — just like university students. This provides an exceptional opportunity to experience the mesmerizing college student life.
- Accommodation in a 17th-century manor or in the best UK boarding school. Students have the exclusive opportunity to live and study in magnificent historic estates or in superbly equipped schools with better living conditions.
- Highest award for British businessmen. In 2012, 2016 and 2019, the Academy received the Royal Entrepreneurship Award. This is the highest award that can be awarded to a company in the UK - proof of the uncompromising excellence of studying at the Academy.
- Highly qualified teaching staff. Oxford Royale Academy students are taught by professors of the highest status, many of whom have studied at Oxford University or currently work there. Teachers are deeply interested in developing students' visions of new perspectives and helping to realize their educational potential.
- Students from all over the world study at the Academy. Last year, students from 150 countries attended the Academy. Summer school is an exceptional opportunity to make friends from all over the world.
- A delightful cultural and entertainment program as a complement to learning. Summer educational courses are complemented by a carefully selected schedule of diverse activities. Their goal is to give students the opportunity to have fun and get the most out of their studies at Oxford. The list includes classic Oxford events: boating with a pole and croquet.
- Visiting attractions. All programs include bus excursions to spectacular sights including Stonehenge, Warwick Castle and Blenheim Palace, which is one of the most magnificent buildings in the world.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COMPANIES
- We operate since 1996
- Choose camps with a minimum number of Russian speakers
- We place children only in camps which provides good accommodation
- Conducted a personal inspection of almost all the schools that we offer
- We do not work with the mass segment, only camps for discerning customers
- You can call us 24/7
- We inform you about the particularities of each course
- What customers appreciate us for
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).