Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Summer Intensive Courses
Age: 10-17 years old.
Dates, 2024: June 30–July 6, July 7–13, July 14–20, July 21–27, July 28–August 3, August 4–10.
The Fettes Summer Camp program helps students develop confidence in the ability to use and improve their English skills within the classroom and beyond.
At the Fettes Summer Language and Culture Centre (FCLC), we offer two intensive summer programs. For young students - a program designed for children aged 11 to 13 years. Young students - programs for people aged 14 to 17 years.
English morning classes are combined with a fantastic selection of cultural, social and sporting events. Excursions in the afternoons, evenings and weekends are also provided.
- Fettes College is very similar to Hogwarts, Harry Potter School.
- The school is located in the centre of the beautiful city of Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland.
- One of the most prestigious schools in the UK.
- Typically, less than 5% of Russian-speaking students at school.
- The emphasis in training is on the activation of the language. A variety of activities help students improve theoretical knowledge and develop spoken language. The training is interesting and fun!
- An extensive cultural program gives students the opportunity to get acquainted with the mass of interesting places in Scotland.
- Students will be able to learn English while being safe and comfortable.
- 17.5 lessons per week (15 hours)
- 9 hours of teacher contact time on two afternoon excursions
- 14 students per class (maximum)
- Levels: from elementary to advanced
Lessons are held every morning from Monday to Friday. The course begins with testing to determine the level of knowledge of the language.
School staff are doing everything possible to create an enabling environment for learning. There are incentive programs for communicating in English, training takes place in mixed classes with children of different nationalities.
The work of teachers is focused on the development of the personality of the child. In the classroom, children receive all the basic skills (conversational English, listening, reading and writing). But the main emphasis is on communication, the development of communication skills.
Homework is also an important part of the program and students are given special time to complete them.
All materials necessary for use in the learning process are provided.
The accommodation is organized in a guesthouse in traditional houses located on the college Fettes. The houses are small and comfortable. Each house is designed for 50 people, there is staff that provides round-the-clock supervision of children. Students are offered a choice of one-, two-, three- and multi-bed rooms. There are rooms for more than two people. Bathroom, shower and toilet are shared.
Meals are organized in a bright, spacious dining room. Every day, students will find a good selection of hot meals, fresh fruits and salads.
Caring for students is one of the school's priorities. All programs and events are carefully planned and well organized. Leaders carefully monitor the children throughout the day, on excursions, in the hostel.
The evening entertainment program consists of a variety of activities, for example, Scottish theme nights, sporting events, group games, movie watching.
The program includes excursions to Edinburgh with visits to attractions such as the Museum of Scotland, the Museum of Modern Art, the Royal Mile - a series of streets in the center of Edinburgh, one of the main attractions of the city. The program includes 2 excursions per week.
July 28 - August 3, August 4-10 - £1,172 per week
30 June - 6 July, 7 - 13 July, 14 - 20 July, 21 - 27 July - £1,216 per week
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Transfers from and to the airport
- Services of our company
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COMPANIES
- We operate since 1996
- Choose camps with a minimum number of Russian speakers
- We place children only in camps which provides good accommodation
- Conducted a personal inspection of almost all the schools that we offer
- We do not work with the mass segment, only camps for discerning customers
- You can call us 24/7
- We inform you about the particularities of each course
- What customers appreciate us for
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).