Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Architecture course (Oxford Royale Academy)
Age: 13-15 years old, 16-18 years old.
Dates, 2022: July 3-16, July 17-30.
The course introduces students to the fascinating theme of architecture. The course is suitable for students interested in studying architecture who enjoy drawing and love to explore beautiful historical sites and buildings. For children planning an career as an architect, the course will be the first step towards realizing the dream of designing their own building!
The course provides insights into building a career in architecture, giving students an understanding of what it means to be an architect and how architecture interacts with construction and engineering.
At the end of the course, students:
- Get acquainted with the basic principles of design, planning and spatial arrangement of buildings.
- Understand how basic engineering and construction concepts work.
- Add to their portfolio new architectural drawings of magnificent UK buildings.
Oxford is a city that combines strikingly beautiful architecture with a bustling modern centre with superb shops, restaurants and cafes. The city is steeped in history and saturated with academic spirit, because there are many colleges at Oxford University, some of them are almost 800 years old!
Pupils of the Oxford Royale summer courses have a unique opportunity to live and study in this amazing city, explore all its famous sights and unravel its secrets. Thanks to superbly organized trips and a rich evening program of activities, students will get to know all the best that Oxford has to offer.
Children stroll along the cobbled streets, admire the spiers and stone buildings, walk in the footsteps of the most influential figures in history, including prime ministers, presidents, scientists, Nobel laureates and writers.
- Maximum 15 people in class and at workshops.
- A practical study of the famous historic buildings of Oxford and Britain.
- Through a variety of homework, presentations and practical tasks, students will develop their communication skills (both written and oral), problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Throughout the course, students work on their portfolio for the competition, in team with other students.
- Visiting the Architecture course provides students with an educational experience that they can talk about when they enter university. Thus showing that they are self-motivated and enthusiastic about learning.
- In addition to the specific practical and technical skills that students will learn in this course, they will also receive knowledge and skills that will then be used at school, university and beyond. These are: teamwork, effective communication and spatial thinking.
On our Summer Art & Architecture Programme, you will:
- Develop a broad understanding of engineering and construction concepts
- Sharpen transferable skills like collaboration, creativity, communication, and spatial design.
- Identify the importance of both aesthetics and functionality to architecture
- Live amongst a thousand years of architectural design and artistic expression at the University of Oxford
- Practice your project management skills and learn how to both plan and lead design teams
- Find perspective and inspiration from Gothic Spires to Towers of Glass and immerse yourself into the vibrant historic and modern architectural worlds of Oxford and London
Students aged 16-18 live on the campuses of Oxford University: Balliol College, Jowett Walk, as well as at St Andrews University in Scotland and Imperial College in London. Pupils 13-15 years old live on the campus of Oxford University: Lady Margaret Hall.
Accommodation in single and double rooms. Bathrooms are typically shared by students of the same gender, although private baths are available in some cases. Accommodation is standard accommodation for university students, so course participants will be able to feel the life of a real Oxford student.
Fencing, Zumba, archery, tennis, rounders, football, basketball, softball, cricket, table tennis, cricket, salsa.
In the evenings, a special team organizes entertainment events: quizzes, watching movies, karaoke and talent shows! During the course, 2 large theme parties take place: one in the middle of the course, the second is a grand graduation evening. Examples of party themes: Narnia, Alice in Wonderland, James Bond, circus and many others.
- Visits to museums that are within walking distance of campuses: Oxford University Museum of Natural History, Fitzwilliam Museum of Arts and History, Scott Polar Research Institute, Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences and many others.
- City tours. One of the best ways to see the city is with a walking tour led by an expert on culture and history. Students will have the opportunity to get acquainted with the sights and history of the city and the university, tours are complemented by funny jokes about the life of Oxford. In addition to the colleges where students will live, they will also be able to visit other beautiful historical colleges and enjoy their stunning architecture and history.
SAMPLE SCHEDULE OF THE DAY
7:30 - Breakfast
9:00 - Lesson
10:30 - Break
11:00 - Lesson
12:30 - Lunch
13:30 - Lesson / Activities
16:00 - Activities / City tour / Master classes / Lectures of invited teachers
18:00 - Lunch
19:30 - Evening activities
22:30 – Lights out
£5,495 for 2 weeks.
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- All sports, recreational activities and excursions
- Transfers from and to the airport
- Services of an educational company
WHY OXFORD ROYALE ACADEMY?
The Oxford Royale Academy (Royal Academy of Oxford) is a market leader in high-quality summer programs at Oxford. And these are not just words: many awards received by the Academy confirm the commitment to high standards of education, service and safety.
- Royal Entrepreneurship Award 2019. The Academy received the same award in 2012 and 2016. This is the most prestigious award for businessmen in the UK. The Academy was honoured to receive an award from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The victory in the International Trade category is the result of an ever-increasing number of students from other countries studying at the Academy.
- The British Educational Travel Association (BETA) awarded the Academy an award in the category "Best Educational Project in the Field of Youth Travel" in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015. And in 2017, the Academy won the main award - “The Best Educational Project”. The award is awarded to successful youth, student and educational travel companies. Victory is a clear indicator of the Academy's desire to provide young people with the opportunity to gain an unforgettable learning experience.
- In 2016, the Academy received an award from the Investing in Education magazine in the Export Excellence category. This is an unconditional recognition of the high quality of Oxford Academy's international educational services.
SEVEN REASONS TO CHOOSE OXFORD ROYALE ACADEMY
- Full immersion in college life. Oxford Royale Academy students’ study, eat, and sleep at Oxford University College — just like university students. This provides an exceptional opportunity to experience the mesmerizing college student life.
- Accommodation in a 17th-century manor or in the best UK boarding school. Students have the exclusive opportunity to live and study in magnificent historic estates or in superbly equipped schools with better living conditions.
- Highest award for British businessmen. In 2012, 2016 and 2019, the Academy received the Royal Entrepreneurship Award. This is the highest award that can be awarded to a company in the UK - proof of the uncompromising excellence of studying at the Academy.
- Highly qualified teaching staff. Oxford Royale Academy students are taught by professors of the highest status, many of whom have studied at Oxford University or currently work there. Teachers are deeply interested in developing students' visions of new perspectives and helping to realize their educational potential.
- Students from all over the world study at the Academy. Last year, students from 150 countries attended the Academy. Summer school is an exceptional opportunity to make friends from all over the world.
- A delightful cultural and entertainment program as a complement to learning. Summer educational courses are complemented by a carefully selected schedule of diverse activities. Their goal is to give students the opportunity to have fun and get the most out of their studies at Oxford. The list includes classic Oxford events: boating with a pole and croquet.
- Visiting attractions. All programs include bus excursions to spectacular sights including Stonehenge, Warwick Castle and Blenheim Palace, which is one of the most magnificent buildings in the world.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COMPANIES
- We operate since 1996
- Choose camps with a minimum number of Russian speakers
- We place children only in camps which provides good accommodation
- Conducted a personal inspection of almost all the schools that we offer
- We do not work with the mass segment, only camps for discerning customers
- You can call us 24/7
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).