Leave your phone number, we will call you back soon, answer all your questions and offer an individual program that is suitable for you and your child.
Downe House School
Age: 9-12 years, 13-15, 16-18 years.
Dates: July 12 - August 5, 2023.
The minimum duration is 2 weeks, the maximum is 4 weeks.
Downe House School is a prestigious private boarding school in the small village of Cold Ash, an hour's drive from London. Located in a very beautiful area. The school was founded in 1907 in the home of the English naturalist Charles Darwin. The school moved to its current location in 1921. Members of the royal family studied here, including Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, the wife of Prince William and her sister Philip Middleton, as well as the cousin of Queen Elizabeth II.
The summer courses at Downe House School are conducted by LINES, which has been teaching teenagers since 1995. Children who want to learn English and have a great time on summer holidays are welcome here.
The summer school can accept up to 230 students. Representatives of 30 nationalities study here annually.
LINES motto - learn and smile in one language!
- Number of students of one nationality - no more than 15-18% of the total number of students
- The ratio of students to teachers is 4: 1
- Small classes - 7 people (maximum 10), where children of the same age and level of language are trained
- International camp staff and friendly atmosphere
- Full immersion in English
- Highly qualified teachers
- LINES courses accredited by the British Council
- Children are always under the close supervision of teachers and mentors.
The school is located on the territory of 40.5 hectares in a very picturesque area. There are fields for practicing various sports, 17 tennis courts, a 25-meter heated indoor pool, a new gymnasium and fitness room, 3 squash courts with a glass coating, an art room and a theatre.
32 English lessons per week. Each lesson lasts 45 minutes. Before the start of classes, students write a test, according to the results of which they are divided into groups according to age and level of knowledge of the language: from beginners to advanced.
The training is intensive, but at the same time very fun and exciting. At any time, the student can turn to teachers for help and get additional advice on training or homework.
At the end of the course, all students receive a certificate and a report on the progress made.
The academic program includes 2 additional classes per day, 45 minutes each. Pupils themselves choose which classes to attend and attend classes for a week, after which they can switch to classes on other topics.
The following classes are offered:
- Making a movie
- Popular music
- Casual English
- Journalism and creative writing
- Fashion design
- Health and fitness
- Preparation for exams
- Business English
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
Living in a residence in double and triple rooms, modern, bright and very comfortable.
Three meals a day with a large selection of main dishes, as well as a salad bar. Between classes during the day, children are offered light snacks, fruits and drinks.
Badminton, swimming, tennis, volleyball, cricket, squash, mountain bike, step aerobics, soccer, rugby.
In addition to traditional sports and in addition to the academic program, the school offers classes under the Pro Sport program. These are intensive sports activities under the guidance of professional and qualified trainers. The goal of the program is to help students achieve significant progress in sports, improve skills and techniques, develop self-confidence and learn how to enjoy sports.
Classes are available both for beginners (they learn basic techniques) and for already prepared children (they learn advanced techniques and improve sports skills).
The following classes are offered:
- The program includes 8 lessons per week, each lesson lasts 45 minutes. All necessary equipment is provided. As a rule, classes are held outside the school, while the school organizes the delivery of students back and forth.
You don’t get bored at school! Active events are held for students, at which children receive not only new knowledge, but also new emotions and impressions: bowling, ice skating, watching films, active games, art and craft classes, visiting an amusement park.
You can make music using the Pro Music program. The program includes 8 lessons per week, each lesson lasts 45 minutes. Classes are led by professional teachers.
On Saturdays, everyone can attend music performances in London. This is a great opportunity to join the theatrical life of the capital, as well as to see the lights of London at night. Among the musicals: The Lion King, Mamma Mia, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
The summer school program includes 2 excursions per week. One tour is educational in nature and takes place in the middle of the week. The second tour takes place on weekends and is cultural and entertaining in nature. During excursions with the children there are always school staff, so the children travel in complete safety.
Possible excursion options:
- Tower of London
- London Ferris Wheel
- Shakespeare Theatre ‘’The Globe’’
- Buckingham Palace
- Madame Tussauds
- Shopping on Oxford Street and at Harrods
- Visiting the cities of Windsor, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath, Bristol and others
£1,500 per week.
Pro Sport Program:
Football - £250 per week
Golf - £350 per week
Pro Music Program - £250 per week
Included in cost
- Accommodation and meals
- Educational materials
- Access to Internet
- All sporting and active events (except for Pro Sport and Pro Music programs)
- Refundable deposit - £100
- Transfer from / to the airport - £100 one way
- Visit to the amusement park - £120
- Visiting music performances in London - £175 for 4 performances
- Transfers from and to the airport
- Services of our company
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COMPANIES
- We operate since 1996
- Choose camps with a minimum number of Russian speakers
- We place children only in camps which provides good accommodation
- Conducted a personal inspection of almost all the schools that we offer
- We do not work with the mass segment, only camps for discerning customers
- You can call us 24/7
- We inform you about the particularities of each course
- What customers appreciate us for
Other educational institutions
Expert assistance in selecting the right schools for your child in the UK, Switzerland, which have been our main specialization since 1996.
We also help you enter schools where teaching is conducted in English: in the United Arab Emirates, Spain, Austria, Thailand, Canada, and France.
Full support in the admission procedure: preparation for an interview, visits to selected schools accompanied by a Paradise employee.
Assistance in applying to universities in the UK, Switzerland, Canada: writing motivation letters, creating a package of documents, creating the right case for applying for a visa (to avoid rejection).